Vi har hjälpt svenska företag
att välja bättre programvara i 15 år

Solid Edge Recensioner

4,3 (46)

Om Solid Edge

Solid Edge erbjuder branschbeprövade verktyg för elkonstruktion som byggts av ingenjörer för ingenjörer för att förenkla den elektriska designen.

Lär dig mer om Solid Edge

Nackdelar:

Finite Element Analysis (FEA) or stress simulation cannot be done in this software.

Betyg för Solid Edge

Medelpoäng

Enkel användning
Kundservice
4,0
Funktioner
Valuta för pengarna

Sannolikhet att rekommendera

Solid Edge har ett totalt betyg på 4,3 av 5 stjärnor baserat på 46 användarrecensioner på Capterra.

Har du använt Solid Edge tidigare?

Dela din erfarenhet med andra programvaruköpare.

Filtrera recensioner (46)

Recensentens källa

Best to create engineering designs.

5,0 för 2 år sedan

Kommentarer: The solid edge helps us to design our products in 2d and 3d. We use solid edge for doing calculations and analysis of the design.

Fördelar:

The solid edge is a engineering design software which helps to create drawings of parts and assemblies for the production. We can create design in 2d and can do analysis of the design to avoid errors during production. They have a great customer support if we hav any issues.

Nackdelar:

No issues were found in our use. But the user interface need to be improved.

för 2 år sedan

Thanks so much for your honest review on your experience with Solid Edge! It is great to hear that our platform has been so great to help you with your 2D and 3D designing. We will work to continue developing our platform to continue to give you a great experience.

Peter
Owner i Australien
Design, 2‒10 anställda

Great CAD software

5,0 för 4 år sedan

Kommentarer: I can quickly provide customer solutions, with great quality 2D drawings, 3D models, Video fly-throughs, machine animations, stress and displacement analysis and reverse engineering. This software is critical to my business.

Fördelar:

Solid Edge delivers great results quickly and design changes are very simple. The user interface is simple and clean and you do not need to sort through a hundred buttons to find the function you need. The software is great at importing and exporting other CAD formats. The drawing options are very good and quality drafts are produced in very little time. The software is more powerful and stable than some other brands and the support staff in Australia is fantastic.

Nackdelar:

The software installation and updates are a big drama and require technical assistance every time. When a new version comes out I need to allow at least a day before I will be operating again.

Design, 11‒50 anställda

Solid Edge ST3 Review

2,0 för 5 år sedan

Kommentarer: Just being honest with ST3 version, there was just to many bugs. It can’t process to many features or large assemblies. This caused so much lagging. I once waited 10 minutes just to turn a DFT file into a pdf because I wanted color. I shouldn’t have to choose between color and time. Just my opinion. I wouldn’t be to proud of using this software year.

Fördelar:

Okay so just to say, this is for the ST3 Version I used to had. Not the new up to date version I now have, ST9. ST3’s strong point was definitely it’s ability to help our manufacturing shop with sheet metal work. I could make a complicated sheet metal part with good accuracy. With sheet metal factors are always causing problems, this software excells in that area.

Nackdelar:

Okay so, when I used the software, the thing that absolutely really bugged me the worst when I was creating an assembly in the “ordered environment” all my features and assembles were based off my parent sketch. As you know, things changed in designs. Well when I change/update my sketch, my assembly would either not change with it, or more commonly, it would just blow up. This would cause me to seriously have to update it manually, hours of work. This happened with large assemblies. (12 or more parts)

för 3 år sedan

Hello, sorry to hear about the inconvenience that you are facing. The bugs and your problems should have been resolved with our current version.

Ever
Advanced engineer i Mexiko
Flygbolag/flyg, 10 000+ anställda
Recensentens källa

Very intuitive and easy to use

Fördelar:

The tools are really easy to find and the visual hints helps a lot. The interface is very intuitive

Nackdelar:

It uses more computational resources than other applications but it is worth it

för 2 år sedan

Ever, thank you so much for your honest review of your Solid Edge experience! As the industry shifts we are glad that your shift to using our platform has proved beneficial for your creations.

Hiran
Hiran
Mechanical Engineer i Indien
Olja och energi, 10 000+ anställda
Recensentens källa

A good mechanical design software tool with 3D Modelling and assembly.

4,0 för 3 år sedan

Kommentarer: A PLM software where a user can build an accurate CAD models.

Fördelar:

The User is allowed to do geometry constraint while sketching. The measurement standard can be selected before creation of the sketch. Recording option is helpful to make a video of the workspace. 3D drawing is easily done. 3D model drafting into 2D sheets are done easily with all detailed views. Intelligence in selection of line is helpful when there is difficult in selection of line in sketch.

Nackdelar:

We need to purchase the software from a reseller. Customer support need to improve problem-solving skill. The software doesn't run smoothly in a low configured workstation. User interface need to be improved. The software should not proceed for next design steps if there is error in sketching.

för 3 år sedan

Dear Hiran, thank you for your feedback. We are glad to hear, that you like the drawing tools within Solid Edge . If your are an active student, we offer a student edition with a license that does not expire as long as you're an active student. Here is the link: https://www.siemens.com/solid-edge-student

JongHoon
JongHoon
Chief Research Engineer i Sydkorea
Militär, 1 001‒5 000 anställda

The Review of Solid Edge

3,0 i fjol

Kommentarer: It's a helpful program for both beginners and experts because it's incredibly simple, quick, and easy to create with.

Fördelar:

The software efficiently designs and models components and assemblies, and it operates quickly and smoothly. Solid Edge is simpler to use and learn to use when compared to other CAD software.In order to prevent mistakes during production, we can generate designs in two dimensions and analyze them. If we have any problems, their customer service is excellent.The drawing options are excellent, and quick, high-quality sketches are created. The support team in Australia is excellent, and the software is more robust and stable than some other brands.The finest CAD software for beginners is Solid Edge because of its user-friendly interface and simple-to-understand functionality. You can create 2D to 3D designs with ease.

Nackdelar:

The thing that definitely truly bothered me the most when using the software was that all of my features and assemblies were based off of my parent sketch when I was constructing an assembly in the "ordered environment." As you are aware, designs have changed. My assembly would either not change when I updated or changed my sketch, or, more frequently, it would just explode up. I would have to update it manually, which would take hours of labor. This occurred during sizable assemblies.

i fjol

JongHoon, thank you so much for your honest review of your Solid Edge experience! Hopefully Solid Edge 2023 updates has addressed your previous concerns.

Tomasz
Industry Engneer i Polen

Delaval user-Production engineer

5,0 i fjol

Kommentarer: I use it every day. So far, I have not encountered any serious problems in operation.

Fördelar:

The software is easy to use, very intuitive, even if you switch from another programming. A lot of options that facilitate fast drawing.

Nackdelar:

Some options could work better. For example, cutting several shapes at once in the model - when using the cut tool. Maybe I don't like it because I used to work with other software before and it worked differently.

i fjol

Tomasz, thank you so much for your honest review of your Solid Edge experience! We're glad to hear that your switch to Solid Edge has been an easy transition for you.

Revanth
Revanth
Application Engineer i Indien
Kundservice, 51‒200 anställda
Har använt programvaran för: 6-12 månader

Easy and User friendly Mechanical CAD Software

4,0 för 3 år sedan

Kommentarer: As for me It didn't long to learn basic design stuff, because its interface and features are simple yet advanced. 2D documentations, 3D part modelling or Part Assembling, all are quite good and Easy to perform.

Fördelar:

Solid Edge is Simple yet Advanced CAD Software, It is best for beginners because its interface is simple and features are also easy to learn. You can easily Perform 2D to 3D designs. The software runs smooth and fast with effectively designing and Modeling parts and Assemblies. When Compared to other CAD Software, Solid Edge is more easy to use and learn. Their is no doubt with ability of Modeling Features, So Solid Edge is a good Choice.

Nackdelar:

More Advanced features are to be introduced which we might see in NX, Catia etc.. I am specially interested in More advanced Assembly mate features, i wanted a Complicated Gear chain mechanism mate assembly, it was quite difficult to assemble it.

för 3 år sedan

Hey Revanth, thanks for the review. We are delighted to hear that our software has been easy to use and to learn. Regarding your complicated gear chain mechanism mate assembly, perhaps the tutorial I have linked below could further assist you in your efforts. https://solidedge.siemens.com/en/resources/tutorials/. Feel free to also check out this video about Solid Edge Assembly. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PSK2YJi1q7M&list=RDCMUCYR5Kgzn6suihs56iJ8_vfw&index=9

Khaled
Cnc Workshop Department manager i Egypten
Plast, 51‒200 anställda

easiest 2D 3D CAD , assembly and standard parts program

5,0 för 12 månader sedan

Kommentarer: I used solid Edge for more 15 years it is best CAD Drawing software

Fördelar:

what is best and easy i like it in solid Edge is 2D drawing cad tools , 3D tools , Selecting plane and surface and assembling

Nackdelar:

I dislike error message without troubleshooting or giving more information to solve

Solid Edge

5,0 för 3 år sedan

Kommentarer: Very useful for making 3d parts for another distributions in Engineering.

Fördelar:

Very useful and good for engineers. Making 2d and 3d drawings.

Nackdelar:

Sometimes few bugs with saving drawing (2d) on pdf.

för 2 år sedan

Thank you so much for your honest review of your Solid Edge experience! We´re glad you find it useful. Your comments about the bugs will be communicated to our development team.

Informationstjänster, 11‒50 anställda

Useful 3D designing software for basic designing

4,0 för 5 år sedan

Kommentarer: As a freelancer I have used Solid edge for sheet metal designing and the features are very impressive and helpful. It allowed me to design any given model in no time. Recommended for designs with less designing and simple sheet metal designs.

Fördelar:

1. Easy to learn 2. Designer with basic designing knowledge can grasp the features of software quickly 3. Assembly of CAD models is easier and convenient as compared to other softwares 4. Very fast software which helps in quicker designing of models.

Nackdelar:

1.3D to 2D converter is moderate with few features missing in comparison with other softwares of this caliber. 2.Supported file formats are also no great in comparison with other softwares 3. User interface with menus are a little too cramped up and completely user friendly

för 3 år sedan

Thank you for your review of Solid Edge. We are happy to hear, that Solid Edge is suitable for your sheet metal design efforts. We are working on more features, supported file formats and interface improvements. Check out our latest version, it addresses most of your cons: https://solidedge.siemens.com/en/. Perhaps this tutorial helps you convert your 2D drafts into 3D models: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NwMGdS1SYDg

Krupal
Student i Kanada
Design, 201‒500 anställda
Recensentens källa

My personal review on working with Solid-edge

Fördelar:

User friendly, easy to use especially in the mechanical transformer field, I used to use this software for making enclosure of transformers. Mechanical design is very easy to understand. We can connect this to excel and make modifications accordingly.

Nackdelar:

Takes time to open, some errors are unrecoverable.

för 2 år sedan

Krupal, thank you so much for your honest review of your Solid Edge experience! We will continue to keep the platform as user friendly as possible and continue providing a platform that you enjoy using for your mechanical design efforts.

Chanderkiran
Digital Manufacturing Consultant i Indien
Bil, Egenföretagare
Recensentens källa

How to select Engineering Design and Manufacturing software?

4,0 för 3 år sedan

Kommentarer: I have used for simple to mid level of designing mainly. For high end desiging I moved to Unigraphics. Solid Edge was very easy to create assembly manuals for servicing, prodcut catralogs etc. It is a excellent tool for creating individual components of a complex assembly.

Fördelar:

Solid Edge is reasonablly priced software. It has excellent integration with next high end software called Unigraphics. Hence designing using a easy interface of Solid Edge one can take the same data into Unographics for advance functionalities like creating digital manufacturing data, high end analysis, live simulation, Aesthetic presentation.

Nackdelar:

It lacks few surfacing functionalities. It the 3D solid model becomes large it demands hgiugh resources to function properly.

för 2 år sedan

Chanderkiran, thank you so much for your honest review of your Solid Edge experience! We're so excited that we have been an asset in your design process and the ease of use with Unigraphics have helped you. For further help with the surfacing portion please refer to this tutorial as it may be of some interest for you: - https://support.industrysoftware.automation.siemens.com/training/se/en/ST5/pdf/spse01560-s-1050_en.pdf

Joel
Joel
Administrative Secretary i Ghana
Kundservice, 11‒50 anställda

Solid Edge for CAD Designs for Engineers and More

3,0 i fjol

Kommentarer: I am able to evaluate designs for performance, safety, and durability using simulation and analytical tools.

Fördelar:

Solid Edge enables real-time project collaboration amongst teams, enabling teammates to work on the same file at once.

Nackdelar:

Although Solid Edge is user-friendly, it can take some time to become proficient with all of its features and functions.

i fjol

Joel, thank you so much for your honest review of your Solid Edge experience! It is great to hear that you're able to take advantage of the many features of Solid Edge.

Konstruktion, 501‒1 000 anställda

3D Modeling Application

4,0 för 3 år sedan

Kommentarer: it can be used as a full solution for modeling and machine design containing modeling, simulation and animation.

Fördelar:

it is very good in 3D modeling for machine design and part drawing. Also it can be used for simulation and stress analysis which is very good feature that add to the value of the application.

Nackdelar:

2D drawing is not good. I think it is specialized in modeling so it is not concerning the civil drawing and 2d drawings.

för 2 år sedan

Thank you so much for your honest review of your Solid Edge experience! It is great that we can assist in the creation of full solutions for modeling and machine design. Please refer to this link for a quick tutorial on 2D drawing that could hopefully improve your experience using it: - https://docs.plm.automation.siemens.com/data_services/resources/se/107/help/en_US/selfPacedExt/sbddadr/index.html

Ramon
Financial Specialist i USA
Finansiella tjänster, 10 000+ anställda

Great starter CAD program

4,0 för 4 år sedan

Kommentarer: It was my first step into CAD, and while it was tough to do anything at first, I came away from it with the ability to make all sorts of ideas come to life on my screen. This is a good tool for anyone who needs to get into CAD.

Fördelar:

You can create custom parts in solid edge and have them made and shipped to you with all sorts of different materials to choose from. If you know what you are doing, you can design things of incredible complexity by stringing together part files.

Nackdelar:

There is definitely a learning curve, as with any CAD program, and it is going to take time for a beginner to learn how to manipulate things the way that they want to. For example, it took me a long time to figure out how to make a wire that corkscrews around a curved line, and none of my teachers knew how to so I ended up getting somewhere close to what I wanted after watching countless videos on it.

för 3 år sedan

Dear Ramon, thank you for choosing Solid Edge as your first CAD tool. Our Tutorials might help you to move forward using Solid Edge and to learn about all the integrated features. I have included the link in here: https://solidedge.siemens.com/en/resources/tutorials/

Scott
Mechanical Engineer i Australien
Gruvdrift och metall, 1 001‒5 000 anställda

Best All Round 3D Software that you can own outright

4,0 för 2 år sedan

Kommentarer: Solid edge in my opinion would be more successful if they lowered the price slightly, offered a 2 year free maintenance period, and then ask you as new features come out about a 1 off fee. There are lots of small businesses who would prefer to own the software.

Fördelar:

I own it. Yes it needs a maintenance fee for upgrades, but if i had no intention of ever upgrading the software then there are no ongoing fees. Inventor is a 365day user license. I am not a fan of those programs.

Nackdelar:

If you do want to upgrade from say ST8 to ST11 or some thing like that, they make you pay the maintenance fees for the years you didn't use it. That to me is outrageous. They should treat you like a new customer and just pay a one off new software fee.

i fjol

Scott, thank you so much for your honest review of your Solid Edge experience! Your concerns will be communicated with the product development team.

Sudipto
Product Manager i Indien
Utbildningsförvaltning, 11‒50 anställda
Har använt programvaran för: 6-12 månader

Good CAD tool

Fördelar:

•This application has a very good user interface, regardless of whether it is used in a classic or order environment.•Geometric tolerances and symbols can be assigned to any dimension in 2D or drafting. It is possible to choose from a variety of options.•In other applications, you can easily open .stp files and convert files into step files.•A 2D drawing can be modified after a 3D drawing has been converted to 2D. Detailed views and cross-sections can also be added.•There is no need to create holes in order to make threads.

Nackdelar:

•Directly creating holes in the curved and cylindrical surface is not possible. For this first, we have to create a plane, then we can create holes.•If you create a drawing in synchronous mode, extrude it, and then alter the drawing later, no modifications will be made to the extruded parts.•They have a somewhat complex pattern command.

i fjol

Sudipto, thank you so much for your honest review of your Solid Edge experience! We're so happy to hear that you've enjoyed the user interface and all of it's features! As for creating holes, maybe this link here: community.sw.siemens.com/s/question/0D54O000061xcZaSAI/creating-positioned-holes-through-a-cylinders-mantle

Godwin Appiah
mechanical engineer i Qatar
Maskin- eller industriteknik, 51‒200 anställda
Recensentens källa

Best value for money CAD softwares.

5,0 för 3 år sedan

Kommentarer: Solid Edge is one of the best CAD softwares.

Fördelar:

It is easy to understand, the user interface is wonderful and is very easy to use. It gives an in depth knowledge of designing of products. It helps to render products in real time manner. The ease of modifying parts and the interface

Nackdelar:

It is respond slower as compare to solidworks

för 2 år sedan

Hi Godwin Appiah, we´re glad to read that your experience with Solid Edge has been great! Our newest version has more than 500 enhancements delivering a faster response. Thank you for your review!

Kemal
Engineering Manager i Storbritannien
Bil, 2‒10 anställda

A Good 3D Design Tool

5,0 för 5 år sedan

Fördelar:

It has a user friendly interface that doesn't harm your eyes.

Nackdelar:

Some command buttons can't be find easily, you have to dig into to find the hidden buttons

Carlos
Product Manager i Portugal
Maskin- eller industriteknik, 11‒50 anställda

O CAD 3D mais inovador e com melhor relação qualidade/preço do mercado

5,0 för 8 månader sedan

Fördelar:

A facilidade de utilização, as poderosas ferramentas de superfícies, o modo chapa que é o melhor do mercado, a Tecnologia Síncrona e o excelente modo 2D.

Nackdelar:

Não existirem tantos recursos disponíveis na net.

Jeisson
engineer i Colombia
Maskin- eller industriteknik, 2‒10 anställda

Solid Edge Review

5,0 i fjol

Kommentarer: in general, the design process with solid edge is faster and efficient. so it helps to improve the company in many areas

Fördelar:

the syncronous module is the best. the design process is faster

Nackdelar:

Maybe, Solid edge is the most complex software to use compared to its competition

i fjol

Jeisson, thank you so much for your honest review of your Solid Edge experience! It is great to hear Solid Edge's efficiency has helped improve your company.

Alaa
CAD CAD Designer i Jordanien
Sjukhus och hälsovård, 11‒50 anställda

Very good 3D model from great Company

5,0 för 11 månader sedan

Kommentarer: Solid Edge is the best solution for those who use Siemens devices.

Fördelar:

Solid Edge has many good things like user-friendly and having a wide range of functions, but it actually I most liked was the integration with Siemens peripheral tools

Nackdelar:

Solid Edge has a limitation with file types.

Karen
Professor i Brasilien
Utbildningsförvaltning, Egenföretagare
Recensentens källa

I like Solid Edge because I can draw in 3D easily and quickly.

5,0 för 3 år sedan

Kommentarer: An excellent software for drawings. Anyone can make simple drawings without the need for prior training. Widely used to get students started in 3D drawing. Simple and dynamic interface, accessible and easy to use for the basic functions.

Fördelar:

The ease of use, the possibility to paint the surfaces with colors and materials, and many other different functions.

Nackdelar:

The parts for advanced drawings require a professional course to be able to use.

för 2 år sedan

Karen, thank you so much for your honest review of your Solid Edge experience! It is great that you have found benefits using the 3D drawing capabilities within Solid Edge.

Felipe
Research Associate i USA
Utbildningsförvaltning, 1 001‒5 000 anställda

Powerful design software

5,0 i fjol

Kommentarer: I would recommend Solid Edge to anyone looking for robust and capable design software.

Fördelar:

This is a powerful software for designing parts and creating design assemblies. I have used this software extensively for creating designs of parts for lab setups, and I find the software to be very capable. One of the best things about Solid Edge is the richness of details it provides, which allows for a high level of precision in design work. The software also offers a large number of features, which can be very helpful in creating complex designs.

Nackdelar:

One downside of Solid Edge is that the learning curve is steep. Since the software has so many features, it can be a little difficult to use at first. However, with some experience, Solid Edge becomes an excellent tool for designing parts and assemblies