Vi har hjälpt svenska företag
att välja bättre programvara i 15 år

Katana Cloud Inventory Recensioner

4,6 (168)

Om Katana Cloud Inventory

Smart och lagerbaserad programvara som är byggd för tillverkare i tillväxtfas. Integrerar med Xero, QuickBooks, Shopify och WooCommerce.

Lär dig mer om Katana Cloud Inventory

Fördelar:

It is intuitive and easy to implement. I like that you can prioritize builds so if we are short on product I can customize which particular build for it to go to.

Nackdelar:

If somebody messed up something, there is no way to go back.

Betyg för Katana Cloud Inventory

Medelpoäng

Enkel användning
Kundservice
Funktioner
Valuta för pengarna

Sannolikhet att rekommendera

Katana Cloud Inventory har ett totalt betyg på 4,6 av 5 stjärnor baserat på 168 användarrecensioner på Capterra.

Har du använt Katana Cloud Inventory tidigare?

Dela din erfarenhet med andra programvaruköpare.

Filtrera recensioner (168)

Jared
Jared
VP Operations i USA
Verifierad LinkedIn-användare

The MRP system I wish I'd always had

5,0 för 3 år sedan

Kommentarer: Katana's awesome, full stop. I've been working with manufacturing businesses for years, and for years I've lamented Xero's relatively weak inventory management system. Two years ago I tried literally every MRP app I could find to plugin to Xero; they were all pretty bad. Along comes Katana, which maybe was around earlier but was "new to me" just this year, and ... wow. Mostly, it Just Works. The Xero integration works seamlessly for bills and sales orders, which speeds AP/AR quite a bit. 90% of the tool's value is outside of Xero though, and I now have a permanently-pinned Katana tab in my browser for tracking everything in the production flow from raw materials purchasing, to production, to sale, to reconciliation of remaining materials and product stock. It's great. Is it perfect? Not quite. They need to do some performance work, as load times are often a little sluggish. Also, it would be nice to see finer-grained automation, and better contact syncing. But overall, I'm delighted.

Fördelar:

- It's really easy to use - Makes it easy to track materials on hand, reorder, etc - Calculates margin including labor cost - Xero integration works perfectly - Zapier integration makes it really flexible from an automation standpoint - Really lots of other stuff ... it's truly an excellent product and an outlier in a pretty clunky space.

Nackdelar:

It can be a little slow, and the contact syncing could be more robust.

Rebecca
Owner i USA

Intuitive, Fast To Implement, and Beautifully Designed

Fördelar:

The user interface is clean and very intuitive, requiring essentially no time to learn. Some of the other MRP solutions we tried were difficult to navigate and use, and training on them would have been labor intensive and costly. Katana is beautifully designed, and the batch-tracking and inventory management is easy to adapt to our business (MRPeasy/ERPAG were very clearly not designed with food manufacturing in mind, so making them even remotely functional for that purpose felt like a bit of a fools errand, whereas Katana just works).

Nackdelar:

While it is very user-friendly and it has the ability to track batches/lots (which is critical for us), we've had to develop workarounds to make it function the way we need it to -- it doesn't quite handle this the way I would envision it should. There are also some minor time wasters. If there's one simple feature I wish they would change, it's being able to type in the expiration dates rather than having to scroll through the calendar manually to select the correct date. This becomes so onerous when receiving multiple items on a PO and having to manually click through/scroll through the calendar to select the correct date as opposed to simply having a field that allows you to type in the date and move on.

Annah
Sales Manager i USA
Transport / lastbil / järnväg, 51‒200 anställda

The Influential and Determined Inventory Management

5,0 förra månaden Nytt

Fördelar:

Katana Cloud Inventory manages all the stock, and it saves on the process of procurement.

Nackdelar:

Katana Cloud Inventory has all inventories recorded and results shared.

Fatou
CEO i Schweiz
Konsumtionsvaror, 2‒10 anställda

Not for Small Manufacturers

2,0 förra månaden Nytt

Kommentarer: I tried using Katana twice for my small laboratory which manufacture skincare

Fördelar:

Company of any size can use it, you can in theory intergate with lot of other tool like Quickbook and Shopify

Nackdelar:

It's very Expansive , even more when you want to follow the lot number. it starts at 179$ per month, if you take the annual billing, which I don't recommend unless you know it very well , the monthly paiement starts at 199$ The solution I am using now cost 39$/month on a monthly paiement basis it's a big difference

Lukas
Director i Tjeckien
Import och export, 11‒50 anställda
Recensentens källa

Great for sales and quotes, not so much for inventory.

4,0 för 3 månader sedan

Fördelar:

Great user interface, very easily operable.

Nackdelar:

Pricing is getting worse. Basic functions disappear and appear later as a paid add on for hefty monthly fee.

för 3 månader sedan

Thank you for your feedback! We'd like to assure you that all updates to our pricing model were based on evaluating our customers' needs and providing customisability to specific business needs, as our top priority is continuing to deliver top-notch services and unparalleled value and support.

Manufacturing Manager i USA
Förnybara energikällor och miljö, 2‒10 anställda
Recensentens källa

Most affordable MRP system for small manufacturers

5,0 för 5 år sedan

Kommentarer: Katana has been extremely responsive with receiving feedback on the product and working in product improvements based on that feedback. There have already been multiple issues I had with the product early on that they have reacted to feedback on and implemented changes. Great customer service.

Fördelar:

I love the value. We were stuck using excel to manage our inventory for a long time because there were no affordable options until Katana came along. I am able to maintain accurate stock levels much more easily now.

Nackdelar:

There are a few minor inconveniences that are small time wasters. One example is not being able to shift/ctrl click multiple items and drag them around as a group when reorganizing priority rank of manufacturing orders. Since we have multilevel subassemblies I spend more time dragging around manufacturing orders to organize the order I want them completed in and I could save some time if I could drag items around as a group.

för 5 år sedan

Chris, thank you for sharing your experience with Katana!

Shanon
Production Manager i USA
Har använt programvaran för: Gratis provperiod

Katana is great!

5,0 för 10 månader sedan

Fördelar:

The set up and use of Katana is super easy and user friendly! The online resources they provide are incredibly helpful. I found the Katana Academy videos the most helpful.

Nackdelar:

Katana does not provide a way to "waste" products, however I know that Katana is currently working on implementing a program to do this. The only true complaint is that it doesn't support fractions. Our products are divided into 12 and when inputting the "recipes and boms" 1 is not divisible by 12 evenly. This makes us have to stock adjust to get proper inventory counts.

för 10 månader sedan

Hi Shanon, thanks kindly for your review — the team behind the Academy are very happy to hear you're enjoying these the most! We're always improving Katana and indeed fractions is one of the items on our radar for improving how our product recipes and BOMs work.

Andrew
CEO i Storbritannien
Elektrisk / elektronisk tillverkning, 2‒10 anställda

Working with Katana

5,0 för 9 månader sedan

Kommentarer: Ive tried lots of other systems - ugly ones, expensive ones, and completely confusing ones. Katana wins hands down. And without charging you lots of extra fees to do things like multiple locations.

Fördelar:

Its very very easy to use. Having used other systems, like inFlow, it has refreshing clean visually cued interface. Its very satisfying to use.

Nackdelar:

Very little - I would ask why they dont allow non-stock items to be a thing (we cant be the only ones!) - we have to make up that we have 1000s of imaginary non-stock items to keep the system happy. But its a tiny weeny gripe and has very little bearing on anything.

Verifierad recensent
Verifierad LinkedIn-användare
Maskin- eller industriteknik, Egenföretagare

Great Inventory Software

5,0 för 4 år sedan

Kommentarer: Knowing the real numbers of what I have in stock, what I need to order, how much it will cost me, and how much profit I will accrue is essential for making it to next year. In Katana, these figures are easy to find and keep up with. If I have a question, support is quick to respond and helpful. They are a great company to deal with!

Fördelar:

The simple progression from Items to Buy, Make, and Stock to Sell makes it easy for me to maintain best practices in tracking my inventory. The flexibility in making stock adjustments made transitioning easy from confusions in my previous software into an ongoing accounting of what I have. Likewise, integrating with Shopify and Quicken was seamless.

Nackdelar:

A more complete inclusion of customer information from Shopify would be useful.

för 4 år sedan

Thank you for the support!

Lisa
CFO i USA

New User

5,0 för 10 månader sedan

Kommentarer: Customer service has been outstanding to help me learn features and problem solve. Very friendly and helpful!

Fördelar:

The software is very easy to use and I like the automatic saving feature but also able to edit transactions as well.

Nackdelar:

I would like to be able to process payments through eCommerce in Katana, those need to be done manually.

Gonzalo
Productivity Advisor i Australien
Mattillverkning, 11‒50 anställda

Övervägda alternativ:

Very poor MRP overrated in reviews, with good service

1,0 i fjol

Kommentarer: Very easy to start. Lack of a lot of important functionalities by the time of use. Overpriced by the functions provided.

Fördelar:

Customer Service and easy to use at the beginning

Nackdelar:

It appears to be that the designers and programmers have never worked in a company. *No discounts or price difeerentiation*Lack of point of sales*Very low scanning functionality*Not differentiated user rights*No history of document changes*Buggy

Atlas
Operations Manager i Kanada
Detaljhandel, 51‒200 anställda

Great Software for Custom Production

5,0 för 3 år sedan

Kommentarer: We switched to this app to help manage our custom product orders. It is really great at helping us track our costs and meet our delivery standards. It connects natively to Shopify which is a big bonus and helps us pull for our orders more efficiently. It also allows us to manage multiple stores/locations easily and effectively.

Fördelar:

The support is always helpful - they've been quick to answer and they have always been able to answer our questions. We've had this app for about 2 months now, and we are loving it. The adjustment was fairly simple and easy for staff, importing our data was easy and straight forward for setup.

Nackdelar:

Would be great if we could count inventory via barcode scanner instead of manually entering qty's and then importing.

Monne
Founder i Belgien
Har använt programvaran för: 2 + år

A Disheartening Experience with Katana's Pricing Policies

5,0 för 5 månader sedan

Fördelar:

As a small business, Solid Stash, with an annual turnover of approximately 300kEUR and handling around 3000 orders monthly, we initially chose Katana for its affordability and features. However, our journey with Katana has been increasingly disheartening, marked by unexpected and steep price hikes that have put our business in a challenging position. Initially, we were content with a reasonable monthly fee of about 100 USD. This was manageable for a business of our scale. However, due to a change in Katana's billing rules related to sales order rows, we experienced our first major setback: an abrupt increase in our monthly fee to over 300 USD. This was a significant blow to our finances, but we reluctantly accepted it, hoping for cost stability in the future. We also anticipated the benefit of batch tracking, a feature crucial for our operations. Our disappointment was further compounded when Katana introduced a new pricing structure. Not only did we face another hike in our monthly fee, but batch tracking, previously included, was now a separate add-on costing an additional 199 USD per month. This escalation meant our expenses on Katana's services skyrocketed from around 100 USD to over 500 USD monthly – a fivefold increase in just two years. This pricing strategy feels like a trap. We initially invested in Katana, dedicating time and resources to set up and train our employees, only to find ourselves facing exorbitant fees that are unsustainable for a small business like ours. The lack of predictability in Katana's pricing is alarming. There's a constant fear that next year might bring another doubling of costs or a new, arbitrary billing metric. We feel cornered and exploited. The assumption that the high switching costs will force us to accept these unreasonable increases is unfair and disrespectful to loyal customers. We are not just numbers on a spreadsheet; we are a small business striving to survive and grow. We are making a sincere request to Katana: please reconsider your pricing strategy. We need stability and fairness in pricing. We made our initial investment based on the original pricing structure, and these drastic changes are not just a financial strain but also a breach of the trust we placed in Katana. In conclusion, while Katana's software may offer certain operational benefits, their pricing policies are a source of major concern and disappointment. We urge potential customers to consider this aspect carefully before committing to Katana. The financial unpredictability and lack of consideration for small businesses in their pricing strategy are significant drawbacks that cannot be overlooked.

Nackdelar:

Their extortionate pricing policies. Costs hiked fivefold over the last two years

Alex
Head of Operations i USA
Möbler, 2‒10 anställda

A Thoughtful New Take on MRPs

4,0 för 9 månader sedan

Kommentarer: This has been a very easy product to use - we came from a Netsuite operational backend but having a system that easily links to other products we use (Quickbooks, Shipping Platforms) was much easier to deploy.

Fördelar:

The ease of use, as compared to larger MRP systems, helps keep the team on track.

Nackdelar:

There are some missing features - custom fields, tiered pricing, etc.

CAMILLA
owner i USA

Bait and Switch

3,0 för 4 månader sedan

Kommentarer: Horrible. MRP systems are time consuming to implement. For them to take away functionality and SIGNIFICANTLY increase the price after the first year was ridiculous. Now we will be implementing a different MRP system. We feel cheated.

Fördelar:

It seemed simple. It didn't work as originally sold, but they did improve it throughout the first year.

Nackdelar:

We THOUGHT it was going to be a good value. But after the first year, they took away functionality and doubled the price!

Callee
Owner i USA
Grossist, 2‒10 anställda
Har använt programvaran för: Gratis provperiod
Recensentens källa

Great for small but growing handmade biz!

Fördelar:

Just completed the free 14 day trial of Katana and have now begun a paid subscription. It took a few days and a bit of frustration to manually add all our products, ingredients, recipes, and current pending wholesale orders from outside of shopify, but having the shopify integration helped a lot. We use three different wholesale platforms (Faire, tundra & Abound), none of which offer automated third party integrations, so we knew we’d have to manually input orders and Katana serves that purpose as our centralized dashboard to see what needs to go out, when, from which platform, if we have it in stock, when we can make it, etc. In two weeks, we’ve already seen an increase in production efficiency and decrease in wholesale turnaround times now that EVERYTHING is being tracked in one place. Highly recommend Katana if you’re a maker, it’s never too early to implement automated systems in your biz!

Nackdelar:

Glitches with accurate purchase prices showing up in overall product list. Described it to customer service and they denied it being a problem. That’s the only problem I’ve encountered so far. Tbh on customer support quality.

för 4 år sedan

Hi! Thank you for your feedback and we'll make sure to work out any glitches that have occurred along the way. Happy making!

Brent
Production Manager i USA
Maskineri, 51‒200 anställda

First time Katana user

4,0 för 10 månader sedan

Kommentarer: Overall, we have been very happy with the product. There are some features we would like to see implemented, and those have been passed onto to their support team. But the value has far exceeded the cost and we are excited to get completely rolled out soon!

Fördelar:

The setup is quick and easy and the customer service is nothing short of excellent. We love the simple interface which makes it easy to train others on,. The Excel templates allow for bulk uploads of all of the required data categories which doesn't need to be uploaded manually.

Nackdelar:

It could be more circular in that you sometimes have to jump back and forth within the system to complete a task. The production operation feature should allow you to set a default number of labor hours per task so that it isn't required with each manufacturing order setup.

Brad
Production Engineer i USA
Textilier, 11‒50 anställda
Recensentens källa

Katana for a small manufacturer

4,0 för 9 månader sedan

Kommentarer: We're still in the implementation stage, but Katana has met the majority of our business requirements with ease. It's been easy to transfer and upload data into Katana and we're feeling very confident about go live. Customer support is outstanding and they pass all improvement suggestions up to their development team for review. They embrace continuous improvement similarly to our manufacturing floor.

Fördelar:

The ease of building products and variants. Our products have a lot of variants, and Katana makes it very easy to manage them all simultaneously. The previous MRP system used required us to build a unique BOM for every variant, which took significant time.

Nackdelar:

Minimum order quantity feature. Ability to reject/second quality part of a manufacturing lot. Develop an easy way to see product list not broken down into variants. Have the ability to only show certain BOM items on the shop floor app. Consumables like glue and tape don't need to be shown.

Jeff
General Manager i Nya Zeeland
Detaljhandel, 11‒50 anställda

Most Intuitive MRP Ever

4,0 för 4 år sedan

Kommentarer: Overall it's simple to setup, simple to use, and while not quite polished, does everything we need in a hugely user friendly way.

Fördelar:

I was looking for a solution for seasonal manufacturing workers that we don't have time to get up to speed with some complex MRP - Kanata's UI is the most intuitive interface out of any MRP I was able to find. The ease of re-prioritising jobs, and the automatic stock refactoring is awesome, and the team are really, really responsive to feature ideas and issues. Seamless integrations with WooCommerce makes supplying orders to customers super easy.

Nackdelar:

It doesn't quite have everything we need, some of which I though we're quite base (Bin Locations, Supplier Product Codes, Purchase Orders that email directly to suppliers), but all of those have work arounds, and I'm assured are planned for future development.

för 3 år sedan

Thank you for the review!

Shawn
Owner/ Head of Operations i Kanada

Inventory and Sales Simplified

5,0 för 5 år sedan

Kommentarer: Excellent. Everything about using Katana has been great. The team there walked me through the product and helped me set it up. They answer questions quickly and personally. The product is as-described and thoroughly game-changing for my business. There is strong value, we have much less waste and mistakes in our ordering now.

Fördelar:

I love the deep inventory tracking and that it feels like a modern app. Inventory software is typically painful to use, and Katana is a breeze. I love that Shopify sales are automatically imported and function live with Shopify, so when you fulfil an order in Shopify it automatically fulfils it in Katana. The Quickbooks integration makes generating invoices simple. You only have to do things once when you use Katana, there's no need to fill in the same info in different services over and over. Tracking inventory in Katana in multiple locations, and being able to include the ingredients of each product in the tracking is also a plus.

Nackdelar:

When creating purchase orders, it can generate a Bill in Quickbooks. This is helpful, however I'd love to be able to create a Purchase Order in QB so that I can simply track them all.

för 5 år sedan

Glad to hear your feedback on Katana! Let's keep on growing together!

Director i Australien
Bil, 2‒10 anställda

Katana for manufacturing

4,0 för 5 år sedan

Kommentarer: Lots of potential Katana, it a emerging system sure it doesn't have the xero integration in play atm but like my own business Katana is also growing so I like that I have partner with a operating system that going through similar growing pains as we are. if you have a manufacturing process you wish to have better control of I recommend exploring this system.

Fördelar:

I have been operating my business using excel, xero, monday.com and email. After searching for a system that could centralise my focus I came across Katana which in essence consolidates all the previous mentioned systems into one interface which saves me a tonne of time. secondly the customer support, I have had a lengthy skype call with Hannes who is a founder of Katana where by he provided a demo session of how the software will be suitable for my business needs. I really valued to the bespoke service which ensured I got off to the right start.

Nackdelar:

The intergration to Xero is in development but this has been the most noteable con to date, that said Katana is working on this and it should be available shortly

för 5 år sedan

Thank you David for sharing your experience we are happy to grow with you!

Alison
Director i Storbritannien
Lyxvaror och smycken, 11‒50 anställda

Katana - Amazing Software

5,0 för 3 år sedan

Kommentarer: Katana makes our manufacturing process and stock control so easy.

Fördelar:

This makes our manufacturing process so easy, our orders come in via shopify and go straight into Katana. The time it saves us is amazing.

Nackdelar:

We would still like to be able to add images to products, this was something we asked for in the early days and were assured it would happen, but not happened to date.

Elton
Manager i Australien
Recensentens källa

Katana has made my life easier

5,0 för 4 år sedan

Kommentarer: My inventory issues are now a thing of the past. Katana has made it so easy to now sync to Woocommerce, it is so easy to see exactly where my inventory issues are.

Fördelar:

This product is so easy to us. Once it is set up, it tracks your inventory very well, and the integrations with Woocommerce and Xero are excellent add ons as well. I would recommend to anybody

Nackdelar:

The pricing is a bit on the expensive side. As it is invoiced in $US, I don't have a fixed price each month, as it is subject to currency fluctuations, because I do not live in the US.

för 3 år sedan

Thank you for your review! Glad to see you have solved your inventory tracking issues with Katana. Excited for your growth!

justin
President i USA
Bil, 2‒10 anställda

Easy to use and helpful

Fördelar:

It takes some time to set up and deploy, but once it's running, its super helpful! Its very easy to generate POs, update stock levels, and track sales and make orders. All the function without the bloated junk that expensive and advanced MRP systems have.

Nackdelar:

I wish there was a way to have a negative stock variant (a single product that represents a product subtraction rather than having to make a full copy of a product recipe minus that one single item). I wish there was a way to group materials without having to create a separate product for them. Each product will generate a separate make order, but sometimes Its not actually something that can be made individually, it just represents all the parts that make up an assembly. There is currently no way to make a group of materials that does not become its own product that the system thinks needs to be made as its own inventory item.

Ryan
Operations Specialist i USA
Glas, keramik och betong, 2‒10 anställda

Amazing Software!

Fördelar:

I love how easy it is to keep track of our inventory, and easily order more materials. It is easy to navigate and very user-friendly. You can easily see how much material you have in stock, and Katana warns you when stock is running low. Never again will I run out of what I need! Customer service is very outstanding as well, I have asked them multiple questions and they always get back quickly with a well detailed response. Love it!

Nackdelar:

Honestly cannot think of any cons about this software, I have not had any problems out of it.