Wolfram Mathematica Recensioner

• Totalt
  • Enkel användning
  • Kundservice

Om Wolfram Mathematica

Technical computing system that provides tools for image processing, geometry, visualization, machine learning, data mining, and more.

Lär dig mer om Wolfram Mathematica

Visar recensioner av 147

Massimo F.
Massimo F.
Assistant Professor i USA
Recensentens källa

It's the Macintosh of the interpreted software languages, it just works right out of the box!

5 för 4 år sedan

Fördelar:

The most critical feature of Mathematica (and Wolfram products in general) is that everything is seamlessly perfectly integrated. Everything is curated and maintained up to date. Competing platforms like Matlab sure offer a larger set of functionalities, but the integration of the many "packages" is too often very poor. In Mathematica, every package is fully integrated with the rest of the platform like no other software. Maybe you can say that Labview somehow reaches the same level of integration. Mathematica is a very flexible and multi-purpose software language that can be used for programming pretty much anything. New functionality like "Cloud-deploy" allow anybody to run algorithm made in Mathematica from anywhere in the world, from any device, with the only need of having an internet connection and a compatible browser.

Nackdelar:

Some secondary functionalities like the Presentation notebook are not so well developed, yet. That said, I doubt many will ever use it.

Jonathan W.
Graduate Student i USA
Forskning, 10 000+ anställda

Engineering Grad Student Review of Mathematica

4 för 2 år sedan

Kommentarer: Overal really useful if you know how to use it and particularly strong at analytical calculus and symbolic equations. Otherwise the language is a little clunky. If more people used it, it would be more valuable.

Fördelar:

Mathematica is really great at solving symbolic math equations. Unrivaled in my opinion. Analytical solving is a breeze with this and it is intuitive how it all appears, as if you wrote it on a sheet of paper. That is its best feature. Otherwise it has a lot of really cool math functionality for analzying data. I particularly have used it for signal processing.

Nackdelar:

Well it is like learning another programming language so you have to get over that barrier. It is hit or miss with other people who know how to read the software or even use it. The only reason I used it was because I found Wolfram Alpha online as an undergrad and when I became a grad student I found out the previous grad students used it. I'd say its programming language is a little clunky, compared to some competitors. And its not open software.

Arshad A.
MS. Student i Pakistan
Högre utbildning, 501-1 000 anställda

Wolfarm Mathematica.

5 förra månaden Nytt

Kommentarer: I like wolfarm mathematica for its powerful exceutional engine that makes it able to simulate or visualize data very well.

Fördelar:

Mathematica has a great graphics user interface, and it does a fantastic job. It also has a lot of other advantages. It has a huge array of codes and library, though complex but powerful. Mathematica is without a doubt one of the most powerful programmes we use and has a very large and active online society to help in problems.

Nackdelar:

What I find difficult about it is its learning curve, as Wolfram is a large language that can take some time to understand and use comfortably. Apart from that, I have no complaints about Wolfram Mathematica because it meets all of my requirements.

Fabian M.
Fabian M.
Polymath. Engineering, R&D; student w/ encouraging projects. i Venezuela
Internet, 51-200 anställda
Har använt programvaran för: Gratis provperiod
Recensentens källa

Good tool for students/professors at sciences and engineering

3 för 2 år sedan

Kommentarer: It was helping me out with my learning and check if I did well an exercise or if the result is similar, how it did get there.

Fördelar:

Ït's offline. It tells the way to solve some exercises and share its result, save it as capture image and so. It is not heavy for our device. A bit quicker and easier to use than another calculator with its features like solving integrals and derivations. Not programming knowledge needed.

Nackdelar:

IYou must be cautious with what and how you write your equations because of syntax and priority solving by the mathematics and the program itself.

Research Scholar i Indien
Utbildningsförvaltning, 1 001-5 000 anställda

A useful mathematical tool

5 för 4 månader sedan

Kommentarer: I have been using Mathematica for the last 4 years both for my research and clas work. It hase been very useful to me, and my experience with Mathematica has been exceptional.

Fördelar:

It has a wide range of mathematical feature ranging from linear algebra to complex differential calculus. This platform is very easy to use as it is pretty intuitive.

Nackdelar:

One of the biggest shortcomings of this platform is its failure to identify or point out the error in the code/programming. The cost can be a barrier too.

Ludimila silva D.
Researcher / student i Brasilien
Utbildningsförvaltning, 10 000+ anställda
Recensentens källa

Wolfram Mathematica is a powerful calculation and programming tool for engineer

5 för 7 månader sedan

Kommentarer: In general, it is a piece of software that helps me a lot to develop quality notebooks for the implementation of calculations required in my area. In any case, it is a fundamental software for me to have good results.

Fördelar:

The software has incredible calculation features, as well as functions that make it extremely easy to solve extremely complex equations. In addition, it has a website where you can ask questions, get support, exchange information with other users and access tutorials that make using tools much easier. The software can be used by civil engineers, mechanical engineers, mathematicians, physicists, among others in the exact area. The more practice and development with software, the easier it is to carry out your projects.

Nackdelar:

Some functions and tools are not so easy to use and require some study applied to them. It is also possible to get results from some equations and not be sure if it is right.

Valentin B.
Physics Engineer i Rumänien
E-lärande, 201-500 anställda

Mathematica the free Matlab

5 för 10 månader sedan

Kommentarer: I am using Mathematica for simple computations, for making 2D and 3D graphs (wonderful graphs) and for very complicated matrix computations.

Fördelar:

Mathematica is free. I do not know Matlab and now and then I am asked to do a computation with Matlab. I use Mathematica instead of Matlab and I can say that Mathematica is wonderful. You can make for free very complicated mathematical computations, and if you pay 5 USD you can use the step by step Mathematica language to do very complicated computations. Mathematica is simply amazing. Use Mathematica for free :)

Nackdelar:

Mathematica has no cons but the Mathematica language can be complicated to learn. Using Matlab is simple, but using Mathematica is very good

Kathryn M.
College instructor i Guam
E-lärande, 501-1 000 anställda

Online College Instructor Uses Mathematica

5 för 2 månader sedan

Kommentarer: I personally really like using Mathematica. I like the 3D images that help me show such objects such as 'donuts' in Calculus.

Fördelar:

As an online college math instructor, I like to use Mathematica to check the harder upper division problems. I hate to get to the answer in class, and it is not the answer - and students are terrible at stopping instructors when they see a small mistake! I like to write out all of my notes and Mathematica is awesome for helping me make it perfect!

Nackdelar:

One difficulty is for students that have not programmed before or don't think in symbol text needed to 'program' for answers.

Zeynel A.
Zeynel A.
Engineer i Turkiet
Maskin- eller industriteknik, Egenföretagare

Review for Wolfram Mathematica

5 för 7 månader sedan

Kommentarer: It is very helpful in solving simple or complex differential equations that are commonly used in engineering problems.

Fördelar:

+ The feature of "Cloud-deploy" allows user to reach their previous algorithm from any device that is connected to internet. + It shows the process of solution, step by step. And that enable students not only to solve the problem but also to learn how to solve it. + It can handle symbolic functions + It offers range varieties of mathematical functions and operators. + You can import or export data in different formats. + Sample solutions in help menu is really helpful and informative

Nackdelar:

- It is not good at dealing with vectors and matrices. - Plots could be better - It might be expensive for private use. - Instructions as to why the error occurs, generally is not helpful enough.

Student i Indien
Nanoteknologi, 201-500 anställda

Wolfram Mathematica - the creative mathematician

4 för 3 månader sedan

Kommentarer: Wolfram Mathematica has been a boon for me as a student.

Fördelar:

The vast adaptability in the scientific world from data interpretation to the heavy mathematical problem-solving capacity of wolfram Mathematica makes it one of the best software to use in this field. The documentation of the software is precise and well equipped for a beginner to adapt to. The wide applications make it unique.

Nackdelar:

The syntax of this software is different from widely used programming languages such as python and C.

Nuwan chaminda G.
Graduate Teaching Assistant, MSU i USA
Forskning, 5 001-10 000 anställda
Recensentens källa

Very helpful for theorists in their research fields

5 för 2 år sedan

Kommentarer: As I am doing my research in the field of Quantum electron transportation calculations, it's very easy to do all my calculations and most important thing is that it helps us a lot to analyze all my results well. As we solve the matrices which are having a higher degree, it doesn't matter since we have Mathematica. It simplifies everything, all electron transportation calculation we have. because other methods, such as the Green Function method and Scattering methods are much more complex!

Fördelar:

It's easy to use as it provides more helpful manuals in the Wolfram site. If you can not understand some code, then you may click on 'help' and very easily you can find the meaning of the respective code. Plus, there are many more functions available to analyze, to do much harder calculations, to draw graphs, etc. It helps a lot in our Quantum Mechanics projects as once we analyzed the Icing Model using Mathematica.

Nackdelar:

To be honest, I like almost everything in Wolfram Mathematica. The appearance of the software is great, and the work is very good and there are many more advantages of Mathematica. However, to improve, I think it's better to have some way to simply some of the codes in Mathematica. Anyway, as the users, that's also not a problem. Mathematica, simply one of the most powerful software we are using.

PhD Student i Schweiz
Högre utbildning, 1 001-5 000 anställda
Har använt programvaran för: 1 + år
Recensentens källa

The best symbolic math software, with a learning curve

Fördelar:

Mathematica is the go-to software when manipulating mathematical expressions that must be solved, simplified, visualized, modelled, etc. It defines an entire language dedicated to writing expressions precisely, with the option to write them with math symbols (e.g. sum, product, etc) or more similar to other programming language. Particularly useful is the symbolic differentiation feature, which is easy and intuitive to use. Many more advanced and domain-specific features are available, and keep being added at each release (yearly). There is a 'cloud' version of the software which can run Mathematica notebooks in the browser, making it possible to make quick checks without a full installation.

Nackdelar:

The Wolfram language's syntax and patterns is unlike any that I've seen, and so becoming proficient with Mathematica isn't just a matter of a few hours. Thankfully, the built-in help (reference manual) and tutorials are of great quality, and come with many practical example. The dedicated StackExchange community is also a great resource. Contributing to the difficulty is the fact that certain expressions will be handled (e.g. simplified or factorized) by Mathematica more easily than others, even though it feels like they should be equivalent. It is sometimes necessary to expand an expression, then simplify and factor it again in order to solve it again. Despite the support for many, many domain-specific features, working with vectors and matrices is still painful. When not part of a university or ineligible for discounts, the price may be high, depending on the intended use.

Mirza R.
Graduate Research Assistant i USA
Maskin- eller industriteknik, 11-50 anställda

A good alternative to MATLAB

5 i fjol

Kommentarer: Overall it is a reasonably good software. If you are starting out and want to learn this software I'd recommend it. The ability to solve symbolically is awesome and easy. It is nice to solve your math problems in this compared to MATLAB. Mathematica is much prettier than others.

Fördelar:

The ability to solve symbolic mathematical equations is better compared to any other software. The graphing and data analysis capabilities are up to par. Not very difficult to learn. The working space is better than MATLAB. Lots of documentation and community help is available online. I mostly use it to solve symbolic math problems in my daily work. The output can be printed and shared with anyone and will seem like an understandable document.

Nackdelar:

There is a learning curve to Mathematica. You have to get used to the interface and the language. You might like it a lot or you might hate it a lot. But as an engineer I feel it is better to be an all rounder or a jack of all trades.

Francisco M.
Francisco M.
Customer Representative i Guatemala
Detaljhandel, 10 000+ anställda
Recensentens källa

I'm a computer science student, can't believe how useful this learning engine is!

5 för 3 år sedan

Kommentarer: Well my study sessions are way more effective, almost every question is answered by Wolfram. My grades are doing well, can't exclude Wolfram for that, this software has helped me a lot through the University and I'm super satisfied with it.

Fördelar:

Everything you need regarding math is in there: derivatives, integrals, closed integrals, matrix and vector operations... The list goes on and on! I really this program has helped me countless times with Calculus study sessions and passing through linear algebra courses. The procedure is printed in a ordered way and it does it step by step.

Nackdelar:

The UI and operation input should and could be way better. I've used Symbolab and other apps and they are way better than Wolfram's input system. Please change it! Would really love to see you guys actually improve that.

Manager i USA
Bioteknologi, 1 001-5 000 anställda
Recensentens källa

A lifesaver for a lab with different levels of mathematical expertise!

5 för 2 år sedan

Kommentarer: With this, you don't need to be able to develop complex programs to successfully complete routine calculation tasks. Our lab uses it to get accurate calculations for unit conversions as well as resuspension volumes, etc that usually take a while to calculate with excel or other data processing software. It's easy to use and can be customized given the right expertise.

Fördelar:

This software maes complex calculations that are routine a breeze to complete. We used to use excel for our calculations, which required really complex formulas typed in to the formula bar that were easily corrupted by an accidental click. Additionally, you had to be really familiar with the spreadsheet already in order to use the formula. With Wolfram, we have automated much of our routine calculations, such as titrations and reconstitutions. The formulas are already built in and require very little calculation on the user's part. Everything as simple as converting millimoles to micromoles, all the way to more complex tasks such as calculating dilution factors, can all be done quickly and has improved both accuracy and productivity in the lab.

Nackdelar:

In order to make many of the calculations and formulas relevant to our particular needs in the lab, we needed a person who was highly competent with program design and logic. For the longest time we were stuck with only using the basic functions until finally someone more familiar with computers in general helped us to design custom functions.

Programmer i Armenien
Datormjukvara, Egenföretagare

Powerful Computational Software

5 för 2 år sedan

Kommentarer: I have been using Mathematica for three years, both in the context of my work and college. I have several applications written purely in Wolfram Language that I still use on a weekly basis. I have used Mathematica for solving differential equations and mechanics problems, building deep learning models and doing image processing. My most recent application is a function which takes as input video, audio or text and returns the key phrases and tags extracted from the speech/text.

Fördelar:

The thing that I like the most about Wolfram Mathematica is that it is incredibly versatile. It handles almost all of the facets of technical computing starting form simple algebraic equations, solving ordinary and partial differential equations to image/ audio processing and machine learning. Moreover, Mathematica also has incredibly powerful graphing and modeling capabilities. The interface is aesthetically pleasing and intuitive. The ability to add hierarchical cells is a big advantage and allows to format notebook in a beautiful way. Regarding the features, Wolfram Mathematica has almost everything you need. Moreover, it's ability to be integrated with C++, Python and other languages, makes it an exceptionally powerful application.

Nackdelar:

The only thing that I dislike about Mathematica, is the fact that there is a certain learning curve, as Wolfram is a very vast language and it may take time to learn and use it comfortably. Other than that, there is nothing I dislike about Wolfram Mathematica, as it perfectly suits my needs.

Siavash A.
Student i USA
Civilingenjör, 2-10 anställda
Recensentens källa

Wolfram is so great for symbolic mathematics

Fördelar:

It has a great symbolic tool box great for solving very complex mathematical equations.

Nackdelar:

As someone who is used to regular coding languages like c. The coding in mathematica is initially hard to learn.

Zouheir R.
Assistant Professor i USA
Utbildningsförvaltning, 1 001-5 000 anställda

Poor Customer Service

4 för 2 år sedan

Kommentarer: I had to call quite a few times before getting an answer which at the end turned out to be complete​ nonsense. I 've just acquired a license for my own use and install it on a MAC. However, since the OS Catalina update, my license stopped​ working and required an update from Mathematica "32-bit app compatibility with macOS High Sierra 10.13.4 and later". I contacted Wolframe thinking that they would be understanding in providing a free upgrade. "No way" was their answer.

Fördelar:

Great software which has been very useful to me for more than 12 years now.

Nackdelar:

I was really surprised by​ their poor customer support.

Student i USA
Utbildningsförvaltning, 501-1 000 anställda
Recensentens källa

An application that you can use to do calculation and solve complex mathematical problems.

5 i fjol

Kommentarer: I have been using this platform to solve many complex mathematical problems like integration, differentiation etc. Also I used it to make presentation slides one time and it was quite nice.

Fördelar:

By using this platform, It is very easy to solve complex mathematical problems . Also It can be used to perform computation and solving statistical problems.

Nackdelar:

I think the cost of installation is high so it would be much better for a student like me if the cost can be reduced . Also sometime I feel that Mathematica language is slightly harder to understand for me.

Anand R.
Anand R.
research scholar i Indien
Utbildningsförvaltning, 5 001-10 000 anställda
Har använt programvaran för: 1 + år
Recensentens källa

Mathematica: one tool for all mathematics

4 i fjol

Kommentarer: I am very happy with the product. It helps me in my research on mathematical modeling.

Fördelar:

Mathematica is very easy to use or user-friendly software. It covers a very wide range of mathematical operations that can be performed on it. Things I like the most about it are 1. The user-friendly script that can be written in very simple common language. 2. Support for algebraic symbolic calculations. 3. Faster processing.

Nackdelar:

There is only one thing that I dislike about the product is its online module. While working on an online module on Mathematica it is very restricted and does not provide many options compared to the offline module. It needs to be upgraded.

Summer Intern i USA
Datormjukvara, 1 001-5 000 anställda

Unparalleled Mathematic Computing Capabilities

5 i fjol

Kommentarer: If Mathematica suits your needs for computational power, it is an unparalleled and invaluable tool to have at your disposal.

Fördelar:

Mathematica is a powerful computation and analytical coding framework. While not as versatile as similar computing languages, Mathematica is simple enough to use in day-to-day computations but powerful enough for any project. its visualization tools are very powerful, allowing you to easily view and manage data in both 2D and 3D sets. Its integration with additional packages is very powerful, and updated frequently. For symbolic mathematics, there is no competitor quite as powerful as Mathematica.

Nackdelar:

Given that it is a coding framework, the barrier to entry can be quite high to people without a programming background. Strict syntax rules dictate that functions be written precisely and correctly, or else you'll run into errors or unexpected behavior. While Mathematica doesn't have the worst error checking I've seen in some programming languages, it lacks on-the-fly error checking. The cost of Mathematica can seem prohibitive, but if Mathematica suits your needs it can easily make up for its cost in time savings.

Daniel L.
Daniel L.
Asistente ejecutivo superior i Venezuela
Recensentens källa

Wonderful!without wolfram I would not have approved the course of calculus applied in the university

Fördelar:

wolfram is a marvel, just transcribe the equation in the software and in a few seconds not only solves it, but also explains step by step the resolution of the exercise and the different ways of doing it. I consider that it is the best ally for the student at any level of academic training. It is useful for students of engineering, economics, business administration, accounting, physics, mathematics.... in wolfram mathematical and physical equations can be solved. no matter the complexity of an integral or a differential equation, wolfram solves it

Nackdelar:

Sometimes it can be somewhat difficult to transcribe an equation in the software. Maybe if the programmers of wolfram add some integrals and predetermined equations, it could help to mount the exercises more easily

Richard P.
Richard P.
Product Manager i Colombia
Bil, 51-200 anställda
Recensentens källa

Wolfram Mathematica makes it easier to develop knowledge in the area of mathematics and programming.

5 för 4 år sedan

Kommentarer: The ability to develop equations and to learn step by step how to solve them. Wolfram made my job easier and more practical and helped me save time and to create new projects by using programming.

Fördelar:

Resolution of equations well explained and organized step by step as well as graphs that are self explanatory and have the possibility to add annotations and to choose the type of graph to be used. It also has the possibility of storing data in the cloud and to access it anywhere. Wolfram Mathematica is great for programming and it gives the possibility of exploring other areas such as language and geography by using mathematics and programming.

Nackdelar:

Takes a while to learn the basics commands of some areas of the software such as introducing equations into the system or start programming if you are still learning.

Bhawin D.
Researcher i USA
Högre utbildning, 1 001-5 000 anställda
Recensentens källa

Great platform to calculate, integrate and so on.

Fördelar:

This is a very useful software in physics and engineering. We can download and install in our computer via our university link. It is very easy to use. Sometimes people from Wolfram come to our university to run a workshop about wolfram mathematica. Besides mathematica, I use wolfram alpha frequently.

Nackdelar:

Some computational work and big data analysis in Nuclear physics may be difficult using Wolfram Mathematica.

Rodrigo G.
PhD i Storbritannien
Forskning, 1 001-5 000 anställda
Recensentens källa

The best software for symbolic mathematics

5 för 3 år sedan

Kommentarer: I have solve a wide variety of problems, from simple calculations to very complicated symbolic analyses. In the faculty is normally favoured for more abstract analyses which don't necessarily involve finite precision arithmetic, but it can obviously be used for that as well.

Fördelar:

This software is extremely well suited for symbolic mathematics. Where MATLAB excels in numerical handling, Mathematica excels in symbolic mathematics. I have used this software for stochastic analysis, namely Markov Chain analysis. It is very useful as well for topology and graph theory and not only helps by solving complex systems but makes beautiful graphs needed in topological analysis. I have also used it in optimization contexts, to draw the feasible regions of complex functions. It is simply an extremely robust and versatile piece of mathematical software.

Nackdelar:

At the beginning is not very easy to use because small errors in syntax will render a big function useless; hopefully for simple things it is well integrated with Wolfram Alpha, which can interpret more natural expression the transported to Mathematica.