Vi har hjälpt svenska företag
att välja bättre programvara i 15 år

Mailbird Recensioner

4,4 (388)

Om Mailbird

Mailbird är en app för e-posthantering av (flera) e-postadresser som integreras med många populära applikationer för uppgifter, kalendrar, meddelanden och videosamtal.

Lär dig mer om Mailbird

Fördelar:

The design of the email client is intuitive and uncluttered, yet allows access to all tools I would want.

Nackdelar:

Their extremely poor customer service, or lack there of.

Betyg för Mailbird

Medelpoäng

Enkel användning
Kundservice
Funktioner
Valuta för pengarna

Sannolikhet att rekommendera

Mailbird har ett totalt betyg på 4,4 av 5 stjärnor baserat på 388 användarrecensioner på Capterra.

Har du använt Mailbird tidigare?

Dela din erfarenhet med andra programvaruköpare.

Filtrera recensioner (388)

Nicholas
Nicholas
Teacher i Italien
Utbildningsförvaltning, Egenföretagare

Great email client

5,0 för 5 år sedan

Kommentarer: Very positive. I've received good customer service and the price is very reasonable given that it's a one-off payment.

Fördelar:

Set out nicely with a clear design. Love having whatsapp dropbox and google calendar all in one place integrated into the email client.

Nackdelar:

There is nothing that I can think of I don't like about the product. I am very happy with it.

Martyn
Tech Support i Storbritannien
Dator- och nätverkssäkerhet, 11‒50 anställda
Källa: SoftwareAdvice

Lifetime Licenses to good to be true.

4,0 förra månaden Nytt

Kommentarer: Good until they released 3.0 and destroyed all trust with current long-term loyal customers.

Fördelar:

The simplicity of using this was a dream, the previously offered lifetime product was a nice touch but they have stopped honoring this now.

Nackdelar:

It is no longer honouring the lifetime licenses.

Clément
Business owner i Portugal
E-lärande, Egenföretagare
Recensentens källa

A software that keeps its promises until it doesn't.

2,0 i fjol

Fördelar:

Mailbird is very easy to use and actually better than Outlook on some aspects. I especially like the mailboxes management that lets us monitor our different mailboxes in one glance.

Nackdelar:

Unfortunately, the software can be overly simple and you sometimes find yourself looking for a feature that simply does not exist. The text processing is also quite catastrophic with erratic behaviour when it comes to formatting the text. But after all, why not? A simple product at an affordable price offering a good overall experience. Yes... But no. First of all, after 3 years of daily use I'm not sure I've seen any changes. Don't get me wrong, I'm all for not changing something that is not broken, but here’s the catch. Some things are actually obviously broken, such as the text formatting, and the team won't do anything about it. The worst for the end: as your mailbox starts to get a lot of messages, it will take longer and longer to send them. Sometimes you even have to restart the software and the message then get sent instantly. I have tried with Outlook and have not had this problem. I contacted them about it, but the guy was completely lost and his best idea was eventually to uninstall and reinstall the software or... Delete my messages! As I write this comment, I can see how my grief is getting the better of this review. It could be a great mailing software, but has set itself up to be average with bugs that make it mediocre. Mailbird, if you are reading this, please fix your software. I love you, but it's getting complicated.

Svar för Mailbird

i fjol

Hello Clément, We're naturally sorry to hear of your negative experience with Mailbird. Oftentimes, issues affecting Mailbird are not directly related to Mailbird - whenever emails take an abnormally long time to be sent/received, we would need to understand whether external factors are at play, such as an antivirus or security software throttling Mailbird's ability to connect to an email server. Certain email servers which our customers use are known to be problematic across a range of email clients (e.g. Dovecot). Other elements can also play a role in Mailbird's functionality, such as not having the latest Windows components or updates installed on one's device (or worse still, these could be corrupted or in conflict due to some other software). I tried to find your Support Ticket but I lack sufficient information to do so - if you don't mind reaching out to us again (marking it for my attention), I would like to look into your problems further. Apologies once again. Oliver

Dan
CTO i Nederländerna
Källa: SoftwareAdvice

Clean and fast email client

5,0 förra månaden Nytt

Kommentarer: Been using daily for several years with 10+ accounts on all kinds of servers from local self-hosted to exchange and Gmail. Works excellent and support is pretty good too for the rare occasion it doesn't.

Fördelar:

Multiple accounts incl combined mailbox.

Nackdelar:

I wish they focused more on core E-mail features such as auto-classification or maybe spam filtering and less on integrating every tool out there.

Sarah
occupational therapist i Schweiz
Utbildningsförvaltning, 2‒10 anställda
Källa: SoftwareAdvice

Unfortunately does not always send mail

4,0 i fjol

Kommentarer: In general when it works it is a good product, but it does not work consistently and is not reliable.

Fördelar:

I like that all accounts are unified in one place. I can set up icons that help me identify an account at a single glance. The delayed sending feature is helpful and intuitive.

Nackdelar:

I have one account that consistently has problems sending mail with mailbird. There is no announcement that it does not send, instead it quietly slides that mail into drafts, and it is a nasty surprise to discover it did not go out. I have contacted customer service several times, they can find no error! On my last attempt they said my log file was too dangerous to open and I should try creating a new log file to send them, as the problem is not consistent it is hard to capture!!

Svar för Mailbird

för 11 månader sedan

Hi Sarah, we're naturally sorry to learn of the problems you have been experiencing with Mailbird. My colleague Shub (who you have been communicating with) still has your ticket 'On Hold' since February, as he is waiting to receive the server log from you which will help us diagnose the problem and offer up a solution. We look forward to receiving it at your earliest convenience so that we can begin diagnosing the problem more accurately. The Mailbird Team

Victor
Developer i Sverige
Datormjukvara, 2‒10 anställda

It just works!

5,0 för 3 år sedan

Kommentarer: I have many different inboxes that I have to keep track of. Having to switch accounts to check everything at least a few times a day was very time-consuming. Since switching to MailBird I get all my accounts synced to a unified inbox and notified whenever I receive an email. That makes it much easier to stay on top of my work and keep track of everything with minimal effort which could easily save a lot of time.

Fördelar:

The best thing about MailBird is that everything works. I have been using it for many years and it has been very reliable with no problems at all. Everything you should expect from your mail client is there with a few extra features as well but most importantly I have not encountered a single issue since I started using MailBird.

Nackdelar:

It might look a little bit basic and does not compare with all the fancy web-like interfaces that most newer software has. But don't let it fool you, there are a lot of great features that make MailBird a powerful tool, and most importantly what it does, it does well.

Azizur
Network Operator i USA
Utbildningsförvaltning, 501‒1 000 anställda
Har använt programvaran för: 1-5 månader
Recensentens källa

The email client MailBird is very simple to use.

5,0 för 9 månader sedan

Kommentarer: It's easy to customize MailBird. I have the ability to alter both the client's appearance and how it functions.

Fördelar:

I can handle several email accounts from one location using MailBird, a desktop email client. It works with both Windows and macOS.I can complete tasks quickly because to the clear and simple UI and the abundance of keyboard shortcuts.

Nackdelar:

Only Mac OS X and Windows support MailBird. No mobile app exists.Occasionally, MailBird can be sluggish, especially if I have a large number of accounts and messages.

Cory
COO i USA
Byggnadsmaterial, 51‒200 anställda

Great product until v3.0

5,0 för 4 månader sedan

Kommentarer: Love it until v3.0. I was excited to test new versions and use 3.0. My license doesn't support it.

Fördelar:

Mailbird was my preferred email management tool. I always preferred it above Google, Outlook, etc.

Nackdelar:

I have a professional license. That lifetime professional licence does not include the features in the new v3.0. Mailbird has not lost all of its usefulness.

Gjergji
Web designer i Albanien
Design, Egenföretagare

Fast, attractive email client

Fördelar:

It is fast, it loads fast. Very attractive interface. Very easy to use, all in one Inbox. I love the integration with Whatsapp, Wunderlist, gCalendar, gKeep and many more.

Nackdelar:

I miss some right-click menu options and tabs. I have accounts with lots of folder and I have to scroll to check them. If I could use tabs, they will show if any emails is in folder. I would like for external links such as in Twitter, Whatsapp to be opened in my default browser rather than in the built-in. You can play Twitter video inside Mailbird.

Greg
Greg
National Sales Manager i USA
Datormjukvara, 11‒50 anställda

Excellent email program!

5,0 för 2 månader sedan

Fördelar:

Easy to setup and handles more than one email account. Customer support is really good and they keep adding new features.

Nackdelar:

I really don't have any cons to list for this product.

Danny
CEO i USA
Datormjukvara, 11‒50 anställda
Recensentens källa

Mailbird is by far the best email client I have ever used and it helped me get to Inbox Zero

5,0 för 7 år sedan

Kommentarer: Mailbird helped me reach and maintain Inbox Zero for 1.5 years and counting. I am now far more organized in my life by being able to handle my email as it comes in daily instead of letting it fall behind.

Fördelar:

Mailbird is single-handedly the best software that I have implemented in the last few years. I tried every desktop email client I could find and was extremely impressed with Mailbird right from the start. My goal in transitioning from Gmail in a browser to a desktop client was to be able to answer all of my emails while traveling and being disconnected from the internet. Now Gmail has an offline mode, but Mailbird still beats using Gmail in the browser because of all of its other features. I love having a shortcut [ctrl-alt-space] to start an email from anywhere on my computer. Their shortcut keys allow for very fast email composing, reading, and managing. There are many software integrations so you can sync to all of your email accounts, calendars, chats, project management software, etc. My New Year's Resolution in 2016 was to get to Inbox Zero and stay there. Mailbird helped me do this by organizing all of my email, making it easy to sort, and quickly reply. I am still at Inbox Zero 1.5 years later. It does a great job organizing your contacts, handling attachments, and managing your folders. It even has a way to search only your attachments to find that document from months ago that you can't remember who sent.

Nackdelar:

I really don't have any cons in using Mailbird other than they don't have a mobile app. This isn't a huge problem as there are other apps for mobile, but it would be very helpful to have the same look and feel on a phone.

Adrian
IT Consultant i Storbritannien
Recensentens källa

It's great to have options

5,0 för 5 år sedan

Kommentarer: I'm a long term Microsoft proprietary software user, like most other people, and it is scary to see, year after year, how little they care about what they put out there.
Nothing I ever purchased from Microsoft worked as expected out of the box (Windows, Office, SQL, Surface Pro, SurfaceBook) - I spend almost as much time googling unhelpful error messages and trying to fix their unfinished products as I do using their products.
After a streak of problems with Outlook and many hours wasted trying to make it work as intended, I found Mailbird, which had a free plan at the time. I installed it on both my Surface Pro and Windows PC as a back-up email client for when Outlook crashed. As you would expect, I've had many opportunities to use Mailbird. It felt like Mailbird was designed by people who actually use email - which was definitely a breath of fresh air.
A week later, I bought a license (although Exchange wasn't supported at the time) to support them on this journey.
I still depended on Outlook for the Calendar integration, but having something that 'just works' as an alternative for everything else did make my suffering bearable.
Support is spot-on: they don't insult your intelligence by telling you to run 'sfc /scannow' each time you have a problem. Unlike most others *cough* they are knowledgeable about their product and very helpful on each occasion. I have nothing but love for the underdog.

+ Not made by Microsoft + Beautiful interface + Intuitive + Customisable

Nackdelar:

- Can only choose font sizes from a static list (Font size 11 is not available) - Cannot scroll through the body of an email with mouse middle click

Taylor
Integration Analyst i USA
E-lärande, 51‒200 anställda
Recensentens källa

Mailbird is a great non-MS alternative to Outlook.

5,0 för 5 år sedan

Kommentarer: Extremely happy. I use it everyday, I've sent the 'try me out' link to my coworkers because I love the program so much, which I almost never do. Try it out, see if it's for you. Email clients are often deeply personal things, and it's hard to quantify why one 'works' for you but not another. In this case it worked very well and I highly recommend giving it a try.

Fördelar:

I love the clean design, the robust interoperability between POP and other email formats. It's extremely customizable with a good-sized ecosystem of add-on extensions and tools such as a Calendar app, a Toggl app for tracking time, and even one for Todoist to manage tasks. There are 'folders' for organizing (as opposed to 'tabs' like Gmail has, which has always sort of conceptually lost me.) It docks to the desktop well and unobtrusively, in addition to many little things that just make it a great user experience. The cost was absolutely phenomenal; I forget exactly what I paid but I got an amazing deal on a lifetime license last year, and I've never regretted the purchase.

Nackdelar:

This is more a gripe about email clients in general; it does not have the ability to define 'rules', which is the one thing that kept me in Outlook far longer than I ever should have. This is something that is pretty rare to find in email clients as a whole, so it's not a huge knock on Mailbird. It would be really nice though someday!

Christopher J
Christopher J
Creative Director i USA
Konsumtionsvaror, 11‒50 anställda

Best Minimal Non Bloated Windows Email Client

5,0 för 4 år sedan

Kommentarer: Love this program, just wish it was ported to android as well. This fixes all the issues I have with Outlook, namely a clean, minimal interface and super quick functionality.

Fördelar:

So Outlook is horrible. Bloated with useless features, slow, ugly, it's the worst. Mailbird is simple, which makes it fast. It has global keyboard shortcuts so you can send an email at any point in your workflow. The UX is clean and distraction free. And one of the best features, omni-inbox. Having all my emails go to one place makes managing email so easy.

Nackdelar:

Kind of a con, if you want to connect more than 3 email accounts you need to subscribe. Still, the price is affordable so not the worst thing. Also sometimes it bugs out with my outlook email accounts, I will repeatedly get error warnings, but I am still able to receive and send emails with the account, not sure what that's about.

Josemaria
Josemaria
Vice Director for External Affairs i Filippinerna
Har använt programvaran för: 6-12 månader
Recensentens källa

Finally, a great email app with best form and function for Windows

5,0 för 6 år sedan

Kommentarer: Beauty will save the world. My philosophy is that if it's not beautiful and functional, I/people will not use it. Mailbird is great in terms of aesthetics and email app functionality. It just looks great, easy to use, and works! Some advanced features (filtering, search) may be a bit wanting. But for my daily use, it feels just like Gmail as it should be (on a beautiful platform).

Fördelar:

It is a thing of beauty. Form meets function. It is much better than other Windows email apps, and I've tried a ton already (Thunderbird, Outlook, MS Mail...). It kind of reminds me of Spark mail which I use with my Mac. Keyboard shortcuts is the same with Gmail (by default) which made it easy for me to transition from browser based gmail to Mailbird. The Snooze function is also one of my favorites. It helps me achieve Zero-Inbox without worrying about the emails "I don't need to attend to right now but need to be reminded of some other time." Support team is very quick to respond and are indeed helpful. Even before I got my Mailbird Pro, they have been very responsive.

Nackdelar:

For more advanced email enthusiasts, it might disappoint that it currently does not have the ability to set up filters, or messaging rules. (Maybe you can set this up with gmail beforehand?) The search can also be made more powerful. Right now it can't search and/or sort by date.

Matthew
Founder i Australien
Recensentens källa

Mailbird is easily the best replacement for Outlook.

5,0 för 3 år sedan

Fördelar:

I switched from Outlook to Mailbird as Outlook continually crashed when opening up specific emails. I haven't had any of these issues with Mailbird. Mailbird provides a very basic interface with the majority of options accessible through the application settings. I find this helps me focus more on the emails I have received as much more real estate is provided for these. I also love how you can see when people have received and opened an email so your not guessing whether they have read it when following up with them.

Nackdelar:

The filters that I have set up in Mailbird work, but when I run these manually they are far slower to run then Mailbird's competitors. While it does not crash the software, sometimes I can be waiting for many more minutes and so close the software to stop the filter running.

Hjalmar
Student i Tyskland
Recensentens källa

Mailbird is a very simple to use but capable email client with some very handy app integrations.

4,0 för 6 år sedan

Fördelar:

Mailbird is an excellent and easy email client with which you can manage your different email accounts and your email's there within simple and quick. Third party app integration gives one the possibility to enhance once productivity by social media connections (Whatsapp and Facebook) and to-do lists, Google Calendar, Contacts, Keep, Evernote, Dropbox. This way, you have a very handy application which by a simple system of settings can be displayed in different manners. The email writer is easy and contains all necessary features.

Nackdelar:

There seems no pursue of the integration of more useful apps into mailbird but this might be in the development pipeline as well. A nicer automatic organizer of email groups (which groups all emails of one sender into one single group for easy management or tagging) would be very much appreciated.

George
CEO i Rumänien
Informationsteknologi och tjänster, 2‒10 anställda
Recensentens källa

Clean Design, no fuss mail client

4,0 för 5 år sedan

Kommentarer: Mailbird helps me as a small business owner easily oversee my suite of emails.
Also, I've easily set up the free version for all my team mates which only need one email account.
We don't need special email features and yet I'm personally using 30-50% of the features Mailbird provides, the good thing is that they don't come in my way.

Fördelar:

Very straight forward use, no extraneous features showed in your face all the time Very cheap for what it offers Customizable layouts for landscape or portrait monitor setup Dark mode UI

Nackdelar:

When opening links from add-ons apps (such as WhatsApp or Slack) it insists on opening them with their own implementation of a browser which is not practically usable. There are very occasional bugs but they all get ironed out very fast Setting up yahoo mail is a multiple step process, but I suppose that's the case with most email clients No functional proprietary spam filter

Verifierad recensent
Ideell organisationsledning, 2‒10 anställda
Recensentens källa

Best email client I've found!

5,0 för 5 år sedan

Kommentarer: Mailbird provides seemless integration of multiple email accounts and excellent integration with other apps, providing a one-stop overview of most of my correspondence and task-management.

Fördelar:

What I like most about Mailbird is the ease of managing my email workflow. Because of the ease of assigning inbox items or strategically snoozing items I want to visit later, I frequently operate with an "Inbox Zero" status. Using Mailbird has greatly helped me to get things done. The integration with other apps, especially Evernote and ToDoist, makes Mailbird even more useful. After using various cloud-based and offline apps, I plan to stay with Mailbird for a long time.

Nackdelar:

The only thing I'm less than pleased with is a display issue on my laptop when I switch to tablet mode. (Dell Inspiron 5000 series). Mailbird still works, but resolution is not what it should be in this mode. Given Mailbird's frequent updates and responsive customer service, I expect a solution to this is not far-off.

Vipin
Blogger i Indien

Mail Bird Pro is my default emailer now

Fördelar:

Easy to use, there is no unwated additional buttons on confusing functionality. Simple inferface makes it load faster and get notified instantly when a new message arrives.

Nackdelar:

There is no delete button while reading a messge individually in the popup window. If we needs to delete a mail after reading. we need to close the messge window and then needs to delete the messge from the list. It is a not simple.

Verifierad recensent
Marknadsföring och reklam, Egenföretagare
Recensentens källa

Best email management software you only need

5,0 i fjol

Fördelar:

Filtering email is sooo easy with Mailbird. ♥ I have 10+ emails and managing them in one platform is such a huge deal for me. I also love their mail tracking, when someone has opened your email already. I know there's so much to explore though I've been using it for more than a year already.

Nackdelar:

Looking forward to create email filter at once.

Mike
Mike
CTO i USA
Datormjukvara, 2‒10 anställda

Needs Unified Calendar and .ics support

4,0 för 4 år sedan

Kommentarer: Great for mail, kind of crappy calendar experience.

Fördelar:

It is great for email offering smart unified inbox and easy to navigate. It is also a quick and responsive app.

Nackdelar:

Won't open .ics files so need to use another program for a calendar. Also does not have a native calendar so needs to plug in to Google Calendar but it's per account and not unified.

Bryan
PhD Researcher i Irland
Forskning, Egenföretagare

Helpful for managing Work and Personal

4,0 för 5 år sedan

Kommentarer: Very positive experience, especially as I need to juggle work and personal. Find it a nice desktop alternative and has handy tools. Money well spent!

Fördelar:

Very handy customisation features. Intuitive interface, simple and tidy layout for a smaller laptop. Lovely integration with select key applications (WhatsApp, Google Calendar) keep me on task and away from my phone during work.

Nackdelar:

The calendar integration could be better. It would be nice to have additional integration beyond a web portal. A mobile app would be nice - other apps are especially dominant there. Downloads from email attachments could be a bit better too. Like choosing folder etc.

Brandon
Therapist i USA
Hälsa, välbefinnande och fitness, Egenföretagare
Recensentens källa

MailBird is a serious contender for best email app

5,0 för 5 år sedan

Kommentarer: Overall I'm able to use Mailbird for all my email accounts and combine everything into one email app which is great. No more switching back and forth to multiple different apps.

Fördelar:

Mailbird is a great full featured email app that works smoothly on my Windows 10 computer. It's replaced all other mail apps (including Microsoft Outlook). It has a wide variety of settings for customization. I can add emails from all accounts very easily and it works flawlessly.

Nackdelar:

I do have a difficult time adding POP3 and IMAP accounts at times. It's unclear why at this point so I'd like to see an easier way to add those types of email accounts.

James
Senior Project Manager i Storbritannien
Informationsteknologi och tjänster, 11‒50 anställda
Har använt programvaran för: 6-12 månader
Recensentens källa

One of the best in market email platforms

5,0 för 5 år sedan

Kommentarer: Very impressed with the software - great value for money with lots of useful and brilliant features. A good email client with features similar to Microsoft Outlook and that can support multiple email accounts.

Fördelar:

If you like Microsoft Outlook but you use another email client like GMail then you'll love this. It provides you with the features that make Microsoft Outlook great and adds additional functionality on top of that. Highly customisable as well - one of the best email platforms I have used! If you buy the Pro version as well it's really good value for money and you can buy a lifetime licence for a one off fee.

Nackdelar:

It offers a free version but the free version has advertisements and less functionality than the pro version. Although to be fair, the functionality you get in the pro version isn't a big improvement and some might not find it worth the money. The main benefit in my opinion is getting rid of the advertisments.