Om Hive

We help teams move faster. Hive is the world's first democratic project management platform. That means that our product is built by us

Lär dig mer om Hive

Fördelar:

The email integration and being able to create templates that can be re-​used - helpful when adding sponsorship details.

Nackdelar:

The chat constantly messed up and either didn't show messages or just didn't notify me.

Betyg för Hive

Medelpoäng

Enkel användning
Kundservice
Funktioner
Valuta för pengarna

Sannolikhet att rekommendera

Hive har ett totalt betyg på 4,5 av 5 stjärnor baserat på 154 användarrecensioner på Capterra.

Har du använt Hive tidigare?

Dela din erfarenhet med andra programvaruköpare.

Filtrera recensioner (154)

Robert F.
Robert F.
Project Manager i USA
Maskin- eller industriteknik, 2-10 anställda

The Only Project Management Software with the Features I need

Fördelar:

Hive is the only project management software that is cloud collaborative, has infinite sub tasks, and Gantt charts so it was an easy choice. Also it is not Microsoft Project so I don't have to deal with their insane billing methods. Chatting inside tasks or letting task owners turn sub tasks into their own projects is great. Everyone can keep up with who is working on what and who needs help or what is holding up the project. Sign in and billing is super easy. Support is extremely reactive when I have questions. There is a bunch of stats on task completion that I don't use, but look useful.

Nackdelar:

The mobile app has significantly reduced functionality compared to desktop.

Sadie P.
Media and Marketing Manager i USA
Recensentens källa

Thank you Hive for making our business run seamlessly!

5 för 3 år sedan

Kommentarer: Hive has made communication between our company's team easy. Now, we don't have to constantly call each other, have follow-up meetings, and walk into each other's offices. We can simply log into Hive and see who is doing what. We know when things are due and what needs to be done next. Because of Hive communication is easy so we can focus on getting jobs done for clients and getting them done on time.

Fördelar:

Hive is ridiculously user friendly. I like most how our team can collaborate on different tasks and we all know who is doing what and when. We also know when everything is due and what is to be done next. It makes communication and completing tasks practically effortless. Now we can focus less on the lists and to-do's because of Hive; now, we have more time to focus on actually completing the tasks themselves. Because of Hive, we can get jobs completed for customers on time. I also really like the time clock feature, where we can log our hours for different tasks and clients. Plus, anytime I have questions or troubles, the Hive customer support team is right there, ready to help. I can't rave about Hive enough.

Nackdelar:

I honestly have nothing that I least like about this software. It's an amazing product that myself and our company uses every day.

Jennifer T.
President i USA

Fantastic Project Management Tool for Agencies

4 för 2 veckor sedan Nytt

Fördelar:

The intuitive nature of Hive's functionality makes it easy for anyone to use and to quick to onboard and learn. The ability to move between different views allows users to the program in their favorite mode. Once you've set up templates it makes building cadenced projects even more simple.

Nackdelar:

I would love to see the ability to quote jobs added to Hive - it would help eliminate another program we use at the Agency.

Jeff C.
Sales Operations i USA
Miljötjänster, 11-50 anställda
Har använt programvaran för: Gratis provperiod

Close But Not Quite

1 för 3 år sedan

Kommentarer: Timely response to chat logs. It would be a great product if the e-mail integration actually added value to ones workflow.

Fördelar:

Intuitive, easy to navigate. Many useful features you would expect with a project collaboration tool.

Nackdelar:

Gmail attachments make into to the HIVE e-mail interface only about half of the time. Of those that do make it into HIVE about 65% must be downloaded rather than simply read. Hive will read a g.doc via Drive but all other attachments must be downloaded. If you create an action from the Hive e-mail and want to work on the documents that are attached, you would have to download and reattach the the documents to the action card. That renders HIVE e-mail integration about useless if you get a lot of e-mails with attachments. For me Hive is a no go for that reason. But, also because only half of the attachments even make into Hive to begin with.

Mohit S.
Customer Success Manager i Indien
Informationstjänster, 501-1 000 anställda

Calendar management and Real-time edits

4 för 3 månader sedan

Kommentarer: We are still in the learning (initial) stage of the Product usage.

Fördelar:

The analysis and graphical presentation available is very useful to the Higher and Mid-level management.

Nackdelar:

Tracking of edits and modifications made by users is bit difficult.

för 3 månader sedan

Thanks for the feedback, Mohit! It's awesome to hear Hive has already helped your team in the early stages of using the product. Cheers!

Christopher K.
Owner i USA

Love Hive!!

5 för 2 år sedan

Kommentarer: Organization, costing, task management. The Hive app and mobile are also awesome!

Fördelar:

We are a small digital marketing firm. We had tried other programs, but Hive had the best package of support, collaboration and work flow!

Nackdelar:

Time tracking needs some work, but that is eclipsed by the wonders of version control and mark up of assets prior to approval.

Frank x. P.
Frank x. P.
Managing Partner i USA
Marknadsföring och reklam, 11-50 anställda

Truly Insightful Project Management for Agencies

Fördelar:

The multiple team and dashboard views are a difference maker for our team, as well as the agency view which helps us anticipate and overcome potential bottlenecks.

Nackdelar:

The mobile app is not nearly as robust as the desktop version.

Connor K.
Program Coordinator i USA
Ideell organisationsledning, 51-200 anställda
Recensentens källa

After a learning curve, Hive is a strong for smaller organizations

4 för 3 veckor sedan Nytt

Kommentarer: Overall I enjoy using Hive. It is a simple software that serves every real need that I have. It could have more bells and whistles, but those aren't essential to operation, so I can't complain.

Fördelar:

Hive seems to work best for organizations under 100 employees. It's cross collaborative and does a good job keeping you informed of upcoming due dates for tasks. The messaging service is also very useful and easy to understand, it's barebones but it gets the job done.

Nackdelar:

There is a pretty big learning curve for the first couple weeks of use, particularly with assigning tasks and managing projects. It's not the most intuitive software, but once you learn how to use it, it gets substantially easier to use. The process for creating a repeated tasked is a little tedious.

för 2 veckor sedan

Thanks for leaving us this review, Connor! It's awesome to hear that Hive helps your team stay on top of tasks. We appreciate your feedback!

Sandra B.
CEO i Storbritannien
Detaljhandel, Egenföretagare

Excellent and Easy

5 förra månaden Nytt

Fördelar:

Hive is so easy to set up and use, and I can completely control it from my phone, which makes it so quick to remotely set anything.

Nackdelar:

So far I think it's great, no complaints. I'm really impressed.

förra månaden

Thanks for leaving a great review, Sandra! It's awesome to hear that you are working faster with Hive. Cheers!

Nicole L.
Head of Client Support i Thailand
Marknadsföring och reklam, 51-200 anställda
Recensentens källa

Was not super impressed with the tool

5 för 2 månader sedan Nytt

Fördelar:

Easy to assign tasks to other members of the team

Nackdelar:

People tend to forget or ignore the tasks. Notifications can be annoying

för 2 månader sedan

Hi Nicole! Thanks for the feedback. I apologize Hive has not been as useful as we would hope. Regarding notifications, we have created a new 'low notification' mode. If you have any other concerns, please feel free to reach out!

Lindsey P.
Director of Operations i USA

Good and Bad, but Mostly Good

4 i fjol

Kommentarer: Overall, Hive works for our Marketing team and customer service is exceptional (especially [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN]). The biggest frustration is that we tested a few systems and chose Hive because it combined messaging, we liked the look of it, and the ability to link external apps if desired. The ultimate reason we chose Hive, though, was because when tested, projects with a date range for a due date showed up at the beginning of that range, which is exactly what we needed and no other system did that. However, a month after we switched and installed, that changed and they now show on the due date which causes issues (and extra messages and meetings) for our team to make sure stuff is being worked on proactively. We've had a large amount of issues with recurring actions and auto-snooze as mentioned above and I've reported it several times. We've had Hive around 8-10 months and just went through redoing our entire workspace to hopefully make it more streamlined due to the systemic issues we were having. With that, I'll say there are several ways to utilize Hive and you can find what fits for your team. So overall, good and bad - mostly good.

Fördelar:

For our team of five, the most beneficial features are: ability to assign two people, ability to color code projects, ability to track time within a task, ability to add approvers within a task, direct and group messaging within the app (replaced separate use of Slack), Notes and ability to share them, and the "status" and "table" views for projects.

Nackdelar:

For our team, we have had repeat issues with recurring actions not functioning correctly, specifically with auto-snoozing actions and sub actions (even past their due date) as well as due dates when we try to update recurring actions. We shifted our set-up and re-entered all actions at one point to try and workaround the need for a recurring action. We also prefer for actions with a date range for a due date to show up as of the start of that date range so we know how many days we have to work on something, however they show up the day it's due.

i fjol

Thanks for your review, Lindsey! We're happy to hear that Hive is a helpful tool for your marketing team. Your feedback is also appreciated, and will be passed along to the product team here at Hive. Cheers!

Bram V.
Founder i Nederländerna

Easy project management

4 för 2 år sedan

Kommentarer: Hive has been a great help in keeping an overview of all the different projects that run simultaneously. Assigning tasks, checking off to-do lists and tracking time is what I use Hive for on a daily basis, and with great pleasure!

Fördelar:

The software is really easy to use - and very friendly to the eyes and mind. I love using the Gantt-chart option when setting up projects, to keep a nice overview of the status of a project. For employees to be able to switch project views is an excellent tool too, because not everyone needs the overview like me.

Nackdelar:

What I like least is the way integration with email and Slack is done. It definitely works, and probably like charm knowing the team and the software, but it sits on a rather small portion of the screen and makes the rest of the app a lot smaller, too.

för 2 år sedan

Hi Bram, Thanks for leaving a review of Hive! We're thrilled that you've been loving Gantt. If there's ever anything we can do for you, feel free to reach out at [email protected] Best, The Hive Team

Stephen brent M.
Stephen brent M.
Founder i USA

Övervägda alternativ:

The project management product we were looking for

Fördelar:

We looked at and tested several project management options and had used several in the past. Hive was never on our radar and unfortunately isn't as well known, but we discovered it through the WeWork employee portal and gave it a try. The set up was simple, it offered flexibility in terms of how you view and sort projects. It also allowed us to add external users without paying for a seat. This was extremely important because we want our clients to have access to our project boards, but we don't need full functionality for them. While it wasn't available when we first started using it, the addition of time tracking was a huge bonus for us as an agency, and Hive continues to impress us by adding additional features and functionality. When it comes to support, they are extremely responsive and in the rare times we have had to utilize support, issues have been resolved to satusfaction.

Nackdelar:

I wish there was a native integration with HubSpot, but we're able to get around that with Zapier.

Michelle K.
Studio Manager i USA
Arkitektur och planering, 2-10 anställda
Recensentens källa

Overall good, can tell quirks are getting worked out as the product grows and evolves.

4 för 2 år sedan

Kommentarer: Overall it has been good. We have watched the program evolve and have definitely noticed improvements in ease of use and functionality. Several questions/ functional issues that I have had and expressed through surveys and chats have been modified/corrected, so it's good to see that the company is actually paying attention to how people are using it.

Fördelar:

-Multiple methods of tracking and organizing projects. -Easy for multiple people to see what needs to be done on a project -timelines make is easy to see where a project is going -chats make it easy to keep shared notes available to everybody -The time tracking feature is a nice addition. We are still getting the hang of using it effectively, but I think it is a good addition.

Nackdelar:

-Definitely don't like the new blue expansion boxes in the Gnatt view. Too easy to rename/delete something -Can't see my notes on Hive mobile. -Wish the green "complete" mark bubbles could change color depending on what the status of an item is. -I don't understand why the subactions of a phase don't stay condensed/expanded as I left them, instead of randomly expanding/condensing upon close & reopen of a project. -Wish there was an option of deleting all the subactions when a phase is deleted, instead of having them appear in a different phase then have to delete each one manually, individually. -I'm not sure if I'm missing an option, or if there is a bug, but it seems like dependencies don't always make the things they are attached to, move together. Maybe I just need a more through explanation of how the feature works.

Verifierad recensent
Data Scientist i USA
Datormjukvara, 1 001-5 000 anställda
Recensentens källa

Nice IU, has awesome apps as add ons.

5 i fjol

Kommentarer: Great tool, Awesome User interface, wide variety of features. HIVE must try to include individual based pricing for organizations as each user requirements differ in a diverse organization and HIVE could end up losing in this competitive field. HIVE should come up with AI based tools to assist along with its existing project management framework.

Fördelar:

Great user interface. Ease of use, can get started easily, lots of features and add on apps. Add action cards to project via email and assign users to the action card.

Nackdelar:

Too expensive. We need to pay the same price for all users, the price of the version with the most apps and features- even if many users may not use those features. That there is no AI based offering, a smart AI based offering that could read the emails and automatically create projects/action cards and assign users to the action cards/projects. We have to manually do that, I think HIVE has the capability to evolve to this point.

i fjol

Thanks for your review! We're happy to hear that you enjoy using Hive, and that you find our interface so appealing and easy to use. I will make sure to pass along your other feedback about price and AI to the appropriate teams here at Hive. Cheers!

Jeff G.
Director of Brand Development i USA

A Great Tool For An Old Dog Who's Still Learning New Tricks

5 för 2 år sedan

Kommentarer: All jobs are run through Hive so we solve all our team productivity, scheduling and asset sharing (not final assets but briefs, notes, schedules, background documents, comps, etc) through the tool. We do not currently use the tool for client interaction, sharing or as an approval mechanism although we would like to.

Fördelar:

I very much like the ablility to integrate IM, email and the productivity capabilities into one tool. It's a fantastic way to keep a 360-degree record of every job.

Nackdelar:

I do find that there is a huge learning curve for someone like me. I've been in this business for a long time but have always relied on others in supporting roles like traffic and production. Working for a small company where I am now responsible for everything from strategy to implementation and project management is a big challenge in and of itself. But learning the software on top of that does take time. It's not necessarily intuitive for someone like me that hasn't used other productivity software. Finding help and instructional videos to help me learn the basics and progress is somewhat difficult. I find myself spending lots of time sifting through the blog, doing Google and YouTube searches and reaching out through he tool's chat capability (often times it takes several hours to get a response). I wish there was a channel with all the videos that were well organized into a series of tutorials that would get you up and running quickly. I do a lot of trial and error and "learn by doing" on the platform. Again, because I'm a newbie, I suspect that would be the same no matter which tool I was using and probably isn't an issue for my younger, software native, brethren.

Mohammed O.
Tech. Manager and Software Arch i Jordanien
Informationsteknologi och tjänster, 201-500 anställda
Recensentens källa

The appropriate collaborative option for managing various types of projects.

5 för 4 månader sedan

Kommentarer: Hive helped us plan our projects more accurately and generate executable work plans that allowed us to follow the implementation stages and adjust tasks more flexibly. I strongly urge everyone to use it and take advantage of its collaborative and remote working features. Support is quick to respond and address difficulties when we have needed it.

Fördelar:

Hive is more user-friendly, and one of the easiest project management platforms to set up and use, all for a low monthly fee. We were able to include customers and stakeholders on the same subscription, which helped us to accurately collect their opinion, especially in the planning stages and development of work schedules. In summary, it is a powerful collaborative tool that keeps everyone informed of project developments and assigns roles fairly, ensuring that all participants contribute according to their expertise.

Nackdelar:

Hive is ideal for a wide range of projects and comes at a very reasonable price. It is simple and flexible enough to manage all stages of the project life cycle.

för 3 månader sedan

Thank you for leaving this review, Mohammed! Your feedback helps us know what we are doing right and what we can improve on. We are so happy to hear that Hive has been beneficial to your team, and we thank you for being a vital part of the Hive community!

Lee C.
AV Event Videographer i USA
Högre utbildning, 501-1 000 anställda
Recensentens källa

Hive: The app that pulls it altogether

5 i fjol

Kommentarer: We all love hive from the upper management to the day to day users. It is so great to go through the rundown of projects and see how they are all coming along. Thanks for making such a great piece of software!

Fördelar:

We have a very large team and Hive helps our team stay connected on all of our projects in all different groups. It really keeps us organized and on time.

Nackdelar:

There is alot to cover with hive. The team has been helpful with our implementation. I wish that hive could connect with our calendars so that a due date and time can be seen on my calendar on my iphone. That is the one thing we have not yet figured out.

i fjol

Thanks for your great review, Lee! We love hearing that Hive helps your large team stay connected and organized. We're happy to have you on the Hive team!

Chantal S.
CEO i USA
Bokföring, 2-10 anställda

Happy Hivers

5 för 3 år sedan

Kommentarer: As a virtual accounting team, we are using Hive not only to document our full range of workflow processes and procedures, but also as an audit trail. Hive keeps us on task and on point with client commitments, and has helped us collaborate with each other more effectively. Internal emails are almost non-existent now w/ the Hive messaging and commenting tools. We looked at all the options out there and were impressed with how Hive seems to bring the best of each project management platform to bear. It has been a gamechanger for us.

Fördelar:

Love the clean, bright interface, the options for data/project organization and visual representation, and stellar customer support - especially during onboarding. Hive messaging is also really slick (we no longer use Slack) and the platform's Giphy integration makes for some fun times for our virtual team.

Nackdelar:

There are some quirks which we have discussed at length with the development team - most notably the inability to create dependent tasks within project actions that recur. We hear they are working on it, though. And our direct contact with support is a main reason we love Hive.

Glenn W.
Quality Manager i USA
Maskin- eller industriteknik, 11-50 anställda
Recensentens källa

Hive Taken to the next level

5 i fjol

Kommentarer: Hive has been a great help managing sales orders, manufacturing processes, quality inspections right down to shipments. It provides MFT with a live overview of all the various projects running simultaneously by assigning travelers, tasks, additional notes, check off lists all on a daily basis.

Fördelar:

Know Hive is a Project Management tool MFT has taken it to the next level. We use Hive to following the manufacturing process from start to finish. As the Quality Manager, I use Hive to track scheduled fabrication on a daily basis. As orders are generated, the fabrication process is tracked throughout the build, to completion. Quality inspections are reported, and documented, then uploaded results so the team can review results. At this point, the jobs are tagged as complete and moved to the next step which is packing and shipping.

Nackdelar:

As sales orders are generated, they are inputted into Hive along with all applicable documents, PO#, drawings, travelers and additional notes is needed. Hive use to be able to open a Autocad file or Solidworks file, but now, the drawing file has to be downloaded then opened. This is an extra step we didnt have to do in the past. The recent update eliminated the ability to open these files from Hive.

i fjol

Hi Glenn! Apologies for the inconvenience. We've set to work righting this error and you should be back to normal within the week. Thanks again!

Morgan P.
musician i USA
Musik, Egenföretagare

Great for Project Management and Planning

5 för 2 år sedan

Kommentarer: I have been able to create and implement my goals and achieve my deadlines successfully.

Fördelar:

I'm a self-employed individual user. I found Hive in a search for a software that could be easily used by individual to manage deadlines, projects, and future goal planning all on one platform, with interweaving timeline features. Most softwares don't accommodate individual users, but Hive does!

Nackdelar:

No, Hive is very easy to use and has helped me organize my business very well.

för 2 år sedan

Hi Morgan, Thanks for your kind words, we're glad you're enjoying your Hive experience. If you ever need anything from the Hive team, please reach out to [email protected] Best, The Hive Team

Lindsey S.
Relationship Manager i USA
Bokföring, 11-50 anställda

We love Hive!

5 för 3 år sedan

Kommentarer: Hive has allowed us to seamlessly connect, communication, collaborate between our team members, while being organized and efficient.

Fördelar:

This software has helped us streamline our operations - allowing our team of designers and project managers to communicate and work on projects collaboratively and seamlessly. It helps us all be on the same page and ensures that we get our projects done on time.

Nackdelar:

We have no cons to report. Any issues we have with the software are related to organization and user set up. For example, if one doesn't check their "flagged items" daily, then they back up, which is a problem but it's on the user.

Nate H.
Nate H.
Senior Content Strategy Manager i USA
Utbildningsförvaltning, 201-500 anställda

Hive Keeps Us Organized

5 i fjol

Kommentarer: Very satisfied and very positive! If you need a project management tool I would 100% recommend Hive. If you have a management tool and are also using a chat app like google hangouts or Slack I'd make the switch to house it all in one place.

Fördelar:

Besides the obvious project management features that Hive excels at and that our team uses daily, the biggest gamechanger (and one I didn't expect when we launched Hive to be so impactful) is the chat function. For companies or groups who employ other apps like Slack, Hive offers a more streamlined place to hold all of your conversations in the same platform you manage and keep track of your work. It's been a huge boost for our team to have group and individual chats.

Nackdelar:

Hive is still making changes and updates to its platform. This is typically a benefit as we appreciate working with a platform that is always seeking to optimize and improve. However there has been a few bugs due to updates that have limited access into the platform for a small amount of time (less than an hour). The issue is usually resolved quickly but it does set us back if and when it happens.

i fjol

Thanks for your great review, Nate! We're happy to hear you enjoy using Hive. We are always working to improve the platform and launch new features with minimal impact on our users. Your feedback is appreciated and will be passed along to the product team. Thanks for being a part of the Hive family!

Melvin L.
Melvin L.
Media Activation Manager i Singapore
Marknadsföring och reklam, 51-200 anställda
Recensentens källa

Great for productivity and task tracking at mass

4 för 3 år sedan

Kommentarer: Overall, Hive was a great addition to the team. We used to do daily catchups with the stakeholders, which honestly wasted a lot of time in total for the whole team. With Hive, not only are we able to streamline work, it is also accountable and saves times by reducing needs for constant catchups on a daily basis. Anytime a stakeholder needs an idea of where the project is going, all that needs to be done is to login to Hive.

Fördelar:

Easy to use, many different views and ways to personalize the UI to suit each person's needs. Notifications are great to also help track tasks and ensure completion of tasks amongst the team is done well. Hive is great for small teams with large, repetitive tasks that needs to be tracked on multiple steps, which is what exactly my team has been using it for. All in all good experience, has helped cut down the need or daily catchups as all stakeholders can easily see project status and update project details quickly as well

Nackdelar:

No way to track version history. We have a rouge person who keeps randomly deleting our templates in the organisation. Hive has no way to track things like these however. Also, I have used other project management softwares, and a lack of a desktop app or a addon (meaning you have to always open a tab to get the notifications) is a bit of a bummer

Wagner A.
Project Manager i Brasilien
Marknadsföring och reklam, 11-50 anställda
Recensentens källa

A good tool for multiple projects

4 för 3 år sedan

Kommentarer: My company works with local and remote teams. With Hive we manage and use human resources more assertively. Some of the tools of the platform, such as the management of estimated time to complete the tasks, helps us to work in this mixed regime.

Fördelar:

one of the best features of the tool is the ability to view projects in different ways. Be it as a schedule, status or Gantt view. This allows us to configure the best way to follow each project, either by the team's need or simply to facilitate the follow-up on a daily basis. I recommend for teams with a mixed regime of employees (presence and remote) and for those who work with multiple projects requiring daily updating

Nackdelar:

Unfortunately the mobile app version of the platform still has many problems. It is necessary to change the visualization of the tasks and to improve the speed of access and update, the simple act of changing the menu options generates a lot of loading time. I believe that the mobile version needs a complete overhaul, I've already tried to use it on the iOS and Android platforms, but the problems are similar and many members of my team simply stopped using the app.