Om Forest Metrix

Surfplatteapp för trädinventering och datainsamling i skogar. Integrerar GPS, kamera, kartor, ekologiska data. Beräknar volymer, mycket anpassningsbara.

Lär dig mer om Forest Metrix

Fördelar:

Great product for a reasonable price. The fact that it is an app on the iphone means I don't have to purchase an additional hand held data collector.

Nackdelar:

Keeping up with FileMaker and program updates that change the page layout and some of the formatting is a minor inconvenience.

Betyg för Forest Metrix

Medelpoäng

Enkel användning
4,0
Kundservice
Funktioner
Valuta för pengarna

Sannolikhet att rekommendera

Forest Metrix har ett totalt betyg på 4,4 av 5 stjärnor baserat på 13 användarrecensioner på Capterra.

Filtrera recensioner (13)

Produktbetyg

Produktbetyg

Länder

Länder

Användning

Sortera efter

Har du använt Forest Metrix tidigare?

Dela din erfarenhet med andra programvaruköpare.

Filtrera recensioner (13)

Dana D.
Dana D.
Co-Owner i USA
Verifierad LinkedIn-användare
Recensentens källa

very intuitive software. I really like the fact that it is used on an iphone app!

5 för 4 år sedan

Kommentarer: Saves time with data processing

Nackdelar:

I wish I could save templates for common reports that I write. I have to paste data into excel spreadsheets every time I prepare reports

Jacob T.
Recensentens källa

Great features, easy to use, great quality, and customer support is excellent.

5 för 4 år sedan

Kommentarer: It has helped save time in the office. I can calculate everything right in the field with the tap of a finger. Even estimated values of the timber.

Fördelar:

So many features and functions, and after playing with it, to get to know the software, very easy to use. And you can use it on your ipad, which is great with mapping apps and built in gps.

Nackdelar:

It takes a few trial runs to get to know the software, which it does with any new piece of equipment. Some of the excel reports might scare you at first, but they can be customized to fit your needs.

Aaron E.
Recensentens källa

Promising from the beginning but has not improved in areas that present challenges for me...

3 för 5 år sedan

Fördelar:

Great charts and tables A lot of options if you know how to use them If you are technically savvy, then this is the way to go!

Makrem N.
professeur i Tunisien
Mattillverkning, 51-200 anställda

Forest Metrix en deux mots

4 för 4 månader sedan

Fördelar:

produit pour un prix raisonnable. Le fait qu'il s'agisse d'une application sur iPhone signifie que je n'ai pas besoin d'acheter un collecteur de données portable supplémentaire

Nackdelar:

Je dois coller des données dans des feuilles de calcul Excel chaque fois que je prépare des rapports

Patrick H.
Consulting Forester i USA
Recensentens källa

This software has saved me a lot of time from woods to office. It has everything that I need.

Fördelar:

It has everything you need in a forestry software and the fact that you can use it on a device like and iPad of iPhone that you can use outside of forestry makes it that much more useful. It is very simple to use and accomplish all of my goals and it is a very good program to use. Very nice user interface on a big screen.

Nackdelar:

The only downside is the gps capability. It is by no means bad, but I find I need to use another gps to accomplish everything I would need a gps to do. The gps functionality is limited to the inventory. I have had no issues getting gps data off of the software.

Charles C.
Professional Forester i USA
Recensentens källa

I've used Forest Metrix as. Consulting Forester for 4 years. I consider it an excellent investment.

4 för 4 år sedan

Kommentarer: Able to keep all timber cruising services in house. No need to farm out this service...regardless of size of land base. 10 acres and up. Everything I need to setup a cruise is on my tablet (Ipad) no need to plan a cruise entirely in the office..can setup. software and cruise on the fly.

Fördelar:

Ease of use for inclusion of graphs and tables into forest management plans. Excellent customer service. On the fly stats tell me when I've collected enough cruise points to satisfy requirements landowner or governing entities.

Nackdelar:

Any issues have been easilly rectified with customer service. Makes it hard when out in the field and experience an issue.

Verifierad recensent
Communications Director i USA
Verifierad LinkedIn-användare

Best option for WYSIWYG

4 för 4 år sedan

Kommentarer: WYSIWYG coding is really tricky, and I think they still have plenty of bugs to work out. Overall though, it's a good option for small nonprofits. I wouldn't use it if I had any budget to hire a real designer unless they knew how to go in there and code things so I could just use the user-friendly interface.

Fördelar:

You can make really attractive, professional-looking websites without much design experience. They have some really good templates.

Nackdelar:

It's hard to make any changes to the templates, and it can be hard to figure out how the templates work and finagling them to make your site look as good as the demo. You can't change things like header photo size, which I want control over. And as you're making changes to your site with a new template, it publishes all of those changes to the current live site even though it says it won't.

Bruce W.
Recensentens källa

Consulting forester working with smaller parcels

5 för 4 år sedan

Kommentarer: Works very well with the way I like to do things.

Fördelar:

Ease of use in the field and customization for my own methodology. Very wide choice of features. The power of using an iPad and all of its compatibility.

Nackdelar:

Excel spreadsheet requires considerable knowledge of the software. Had a fairly steep learning curve, and it still takes more time in the office than I expected.

Kevin B.
Senior Forester i USA
Recensentens källa

Friendly and very knowledgeable support!

5 för 4 år sedan

Kommentarer: Customizable for specific application. Customizable reports. Easy to enter data in the field.

Fördelar:

Runs on my smartphone, and generates the ability to really dig deep into the analysis of inventory data on the spreadsheet app.

Nackdelar:

The cost is rather steep, but I understand the limited market and massive development costs. I would like to see it priced more in the range per year.

Darton D.
Owner i USA

Works Well On Apple Devices

Kommentarer: Increased productivity.

Fördelar:

I like its easy to use interface and display layout. The reports it is able to produce are also really useful and easy.

Nackdelar:

I don't like its lack of functionality outside of iPhones and iPads. It is fairly costly, but it does do what it purports to well.

Bob W.
Owner- Procurement Manager i USA
Recensentens källa

I am old school so the software is capable of doing more than I probably need but still a great tool

Fördelar:

I am able to use my old volume tables that I have been using for years. Donn actually customized the software to include my volume tables. Very nice.

Nackdelar:

Too many steps when setting up a new cruise in mixed stands. It would be nice to have tree species available in some form similar to what is found in ICruise Pro.

Alex B.
Recensentens källa

I use Forest Metrix for a range of work- from sampling for forest management plans to tallying trees

3 för 4 år sedan

Fördelar:

Simple, logical, straightforward interface. You can take pictures associated with plots. Moving plots between stands is easy.

Nackdelar:

It is currently difficult to collate non-tree data from sample points. Exporting photos is difficult and they aren't tagged by plot.

Joan N.
Recensentens källa

Served my needs for forest inventory data collection.

5 för 4 år sedan

Kommentarer: Increased my production time in the field.

Fördelar:

Easy to input data. Easy to customize data collection. Excellent customer support. Field friendly.

Nackdelar:

Reports are bit too cumbersome but once you have used the software enough you can figure out what data you really need.