Vi har hjälpt svenska företag
att välja bättre programvara i 15 år

SIMUL8 Recensioner

4,6 (124)

Om SIMUL8

Kraftfull, intuitiv simuleringsprogramvara som alla kan använda för att få snabba resultat. Förbättra processer, öka effektiviteten och minska kostnaderna.

Lär dig mer om SIMUL8

Nackdelar:

Hard to record videos of a simulation run. I used a third-party program.).

Betyg för SIMUL8

Medelpoäng

Enkel användning
Kundservice
4,9
Funktioner
Valuta för pengarna

Sannolikhet att rekommendera

SIMUL8 har ett totalt betyg på 4,6 av 5 stjärnor baserat på 124 användarrecensioner på Capterra.

Har du använt SIMUL8 tidigare?

Dela din erfarenhet med andra programvaruköpare.

Filtrera recensioner (124)

Kristina
Kristina
Industrial Engineer II i USA
Verifierad LinkedIn-användare
Maskin- eller industriteknik, 1 001‒5 000 anställda

Övervägda alternativ:

Ease of use and WONDERFUL customer experience

5,0 för 5 år sedan

Kommentarer: 10/10 - I would purchase again. I also took the training with customer service rep and that unlocked my use of the tool more than if I were to just buy and use without going.Both the reps are the two employees I interface with most and I can't say enough positive things about my experience as a customer and user. They already had the sale, they didn't need to keep helping me but I feel their attitude is for the product to truly help my decision making.

Fördelar:

Product is easy to use but the absolute BEST feature is the support. I can shoot an email with a question and get a very helpful response in under a day or, even better, I have emailed them my file and had support respond with where my error was. I wish I could give them 6/5 stars in this category.

Nackdelar:

In today's world we are spoiled with things like the iPhone "just working" and there are a few features that require some extra clicks when trying to make changes. Also could have more "flashy" charts/features but I just export the data to excel when needed to make these.

Grace
Sales i Storbritannien
Maskin- eller industriteknik, 11‒50 anställda

Simul8 to sell

5,0 för 10 månader sedan

Kommentarer: I have worked hard to learn and understand it. Constantly changing what i use and how i use it.

Fördelar:

Being able to prove to a customer that our conveyor system would work and to show any issues and changes that we would need to make.

Nackdelar:

Moving images and uploading your own small images for the activity icons would be good.

Justin
Regional Director i Storbritannien
Civilingenjör, 201‒500 anställda

Ashford user

4,0 för 3 veckor sedan Nytt

Kommentarer: A good experience overall but the support team are essential to enable one to get the most out of the product.

Fördelar:

The basic building blocks are quite intuitive and simple scenarios easy to model. The Simul8 support team are excellent for help with more complex schemes.

Nackdelar:

The visual logig guidance assumes a degree of coding familiarity. Given it is such a powerful addition to a model I feel the introductory guidance on line could be better presented.

Iris
Analyst i Storbritannien
Statsförvaltningen, 5 001‒10 000 anställda
Recensentens källa

Great support staff. But poor documentation.

3,0 för 3 år sedan

Fördelar:

I value the availability of the support chat function. The support staff are very forthcoming and helpful.

Nackdelar:

I need to use the visual logic functionality for most of my modelling. But the documentation for this is lacking. Comprehensive documentation, tutorials and documented examples would improve the experience significantly. The VL interface is also quite frustrating as compared to normal programming languages. Finding commands is difficult, and the use of the interface is not intuitive.

för 2 år sedan

Hi Iris, Thank you for taking the time to write a review, user feedback is so important for helping us improve. We originally replied back in 2020, we wanted to follow up again as we've made improvements in the areas you suggested improvements. Firstly the Visual Logic editor has had a major update. Yourself and other users wanted us to make it completely free type like other programme editors you use. We've now done this, so you can type freely with no verification getting in the way. To help beginner users we've kept the line validation but moved it to a separate mode. So now all users can have VL behave as suits them. In terms of documentation we've since introduced Simul8 Academy and have introduced a range of new examples for Visual Logic. We'll keep adding to this bank each week so it will grow as a resource. Again, thank you for the feedback. It has been invaluable and directly inputted to our product development. Thank you. Frances Sneddon CTO, Simul8

Aida
Clinical embryologist i Storbritannien
Sjukhus och hälsovård, 1 001‒5 000 anställda

A user friendly

5,0 för 3 månader sedan

Kommentarer: I can’t praise the simul8 team enough, very knowledgeable, patient and flexible. Everyone has been very supportive and they are still supportive through my project. The team has ideas and is always looking to improve and find solutions. My project was with the university and in a hospital and the simul8 have been very flexible about availability.

Fördelar:

Simul8 made the very complex IVF lab structure easy to picture and see and understand. This is key to showcase how difficult planning is and what are the main bottlenecks. The visuals are important and the quality of the inputs is very high.

Nackdelar:

To be able to utilise simul8, I needed help so I still can’t use it by myself. I have been handheld all the way through. I suppose if someone has the time and the ability to learn they can do it I work in healthcare and have a full time job.

Claudio
Engineer i Italien
Forskning, 1 001‒5 000 anställda
Recensentens källa

Relevant for the simulation of complex manufacturing systems

4,0 för 2 månader sedan

Fördelar:

It has a very fast learning curve. That is why it is possible from the outset to model first elementary systems and deepen one's skills over time.

Nackdelar:

At present, I see few difficulties for my purposes. I would increase its functionality in warehouse processes (picking, stocking, etc.).

Bill
Senior Statistician i USA
Papper och skogsprodukter, 10 000+ anställda

Simul8 Support and Service

4,0 för 2 månader sedan Nytt

Kommentarer: Their customer service and support are second to none. As a statistician I used to think SAS had the best service and support, but Simul8 tops them which I didn't think was possible.

Fördelar:

Great tool and very powerful. Like everything there is a learning curve, but you can get good results very quickly and as your learning progresses, you can build even more insightful models.

Nackdelar:

Don't have any big dislikes. The graphics are not quite as elaborate as some other packages, but those packages are more expensive. The graphics quality does not detract from the results of the models.

Jodh
Management Consultant i Storbritannien
Försvar och rymd, 10 000+ anställda

Logistics simulation review

4,0 för 2 månader sedan Nytt

Fördelar:

Can set up effective simulations in which scenarios can be easily altered to show the supply and logistical constraints etc.

Nackdelar:

Navigation within the tool can be slightly difficult, as can designing dashboards on the tool

Colin
M E i Storbritannien
Maskin- eller industriteknik, 501‒1 000 anställda

Great Product

5,0 för 3 veckor sedan Nytt

Kommentarer: Enjoyable to use and making the simulation.

Fördelar:

Support from team on getting started and support.

Nackdelar:

Training in the start up package should be longer.

Joseph
Engineer i USA
Bil, 501‒1 000 anställda
Har använt programvaran för: Gratis provperiod

Good job with caveats

5,0 för 2 månader sedan Nytt

Kommentarer: The simulate training should have included more hands on usage of building a system to use the tools.

Fördelar:

The software was really powerful and a lot of functionality built in. The help function included a lot of helpful info.

Nackdelar:

The training would start several minutes late each day. We would be in a TEAMS waiting room with no info as to when or if the meeting would start. The meeting should have started on time each day.

Stacey
Analytics Manager i Storbritannien
Sjukhus och hälsovård, 11‒50 anställda

A powerful tool

4,0 för 4 år sedan

Kommentarer: Overall I have had a very positive experience of using the software. We've used Simul8 for looking at explaining why ambulances queuing at emergency departments in recent years has increased. Currently are using it to look at staff required to deal with call demands at GP practices. We also use it for training other analysts to help them understand what discrete event simulation is and can do.

Fördelar:

I find that the visualisation aspect of using Simul8 software for discrete event simulations really helps management and frontline staff to enagage in discussions around how to improve their system and gives them more confidence in results. Some of the features included make producing a model quicker for me than alternative solutions. One of the main reasons I'll use Simul8 over alternatives is the speed of reply and the very knowledgeable support staff. The ability to export full documentation of your model does help in making it more transparent to those who want to reproduce a similar model in alternative software and it does now connect to R as well as Excel. Really like the ability to use the online version of Simul8 as well as the desktop version. You can build simple models with the standard features quite rapidly which is great for beginners but the additional features like Optquest and Visual Logic expand its possibilities much further.

Nackdelar:

The obvious one is being a commercial company there is always going to be a cost and my organisation being public sector means there is a push right now to use opensource solutions instead. I sometimes find the visual logic help on the website doesn't resolve my query but a quick sometimes usually export to R or Excel for final versions. It is possible to occasionally crash but I can't remember it ever not recovering my work.

Brian
Simulation Specialist i USA
Industriell automation, Egenföretagare

SIMUL8 for Manufacturing Applications

4,0 för 7 år sedan

Kommentarer: Having over 24 years in the simulation field, I have used several different simulation packages. SIMUL8 has surfaced at the top of the list for several reasons: Low cost per seat, Ease of learning the tool, Power & Functionality of basic simulation objects, Ease of data import/export, Ease of analyzing results. SIMUL8 has proven to meet typical manufacturing design objectives such as:
1) Bottleneck Analysis and applying "Theory of Constraints" to designing and improving manufacturing operations.
2) Determining the optimal number of carriers within a material handling system (i.e. Power & Free, Electric Monorail, etc)
3) Determining optimal operator & resource utilization; including operating patterns & shift patterns.
4) Optimizing mixed model assembly lines; including scheduling and sequencing objectives.
I have learned staying with proven basic simulation objects works best when building models. SIMUL8's "Visual Logic" contains enough commands and logical constructs to capture coding conditional events throughout complex areas within the process. Basically, learning how to apply basic "IF-Then" statements in conjunction with commands is all it takes to tap into its power. Cons: Limited graphics & annotation, Save often as model can lock-up, Operator Travel Links can become corrupt. Good point is with time... you can usually find work-around's to avoid some of the listed shortfalls.

Fördelar:

I stay with the basic simulation building blocks and design and implement complex manufacturing designs.

Nackdelar:

Annotation and screen graphics are lacking. Operator travel links can become corrupt.

Scot
President i USA
Sjukhus och hälsovård, Egenföretagare

SIMUL8 for healthcare use

4,0 i fjol

Kommentarer: The tool is great for modeling and addressing process throughput and constraint troubleshooting and forecasting. The SIMUL8 support team is also responsive and knowledgable.

Fördelar:

Creating initial models in SIMUL8 is very easy - like Visio on steroids. Once we got the flow parameters of the processes we were simulating, the current state model was built in hours, not days or weeks. Doing what-if adjustments and scenarios in cycle times etc to test future state is relatively easy. The model scenarios show 2 critical things very quickly; the points of constraint in the process, and the ability to meet end to end process throughput goals.

Nackdelar:

Would be great if the multiple scenario adjustments for future state modeling & results could be tried and recorded in more rapid fire/automated fashion. That would allow for quicker optimizing of future process throughput/cost etc. Another helpful tool enhancement would be to install SIMUL8 on top of current enterprise software platforms (ie. SAP, Oracle, PeopleSoft, etc) to monitor and record activity timing that would auto-create the current state SIMUL8 model. This is very sophisticated, I realize.

Joshua
President i USA
Ledningsrådgivare, 2‒10 anställda

SIMUL8–A must have tool

5,0 för 2 år sedan

Kommentarer: We use Simul8 to solve complex problems for our clients in healthcare, manufacturing and service industry.

Fördelar:

It’s easy to use. Everything about the software is excellent. Each year there are awesome updates to the software, adding new features to put the power of simulation in the hands of users.

Nackdelar:

There is nothing l do not like about the software.

ernest
LEan/Six Sigma Black Belt Process Engineer i USA
Sjukhus och hälsovård, 10 000+ anställda

Excellent Simulation Package

5,0 för 8 år sedan

Kommentarer: We have experience with Process Map, Arena, , iGrafx, ProMap, and have tested others. Simul8 represents, for us, the best value for capability and value for support from the one we know. It is very easy to start with and has great depth and breadth to grow into. The ability to distribute models to users with a free viewer, providing some functionality to the end-user/customer while maintaining data integrity is unmatched by any other package, and allows us to deploy simulation more efficiently and cost-effectively than any other package, with no hidden fees in the future.

Fördelar:

ease of use, great power as you grow into it, 3D capability, functional user deployment that does not require resources to maintain.

Nackdelar:

sometimes crippling problem with modern high-resolution monitors that is not being resolved.

för 2 år sedan

Ernest, thank you for taking the time to write a review. User feedback is crucial for helping us improve. Thank you for the positive comments about our software, ease of use is a key focus for us, so it's always so nice when users tell us we've got it right! We also wanted to let you know we've addressed the issues you highlighted around high res. Since your review we have resolved all issues with high res display. They were resolved in our 2017 edition. Thank you for your feedback which has fed directly into our product road map.

Cosimo
Business Intelligence i Tyskland
Logistik & Supply Chain, 10 000+ anställda
Recensentens källa

Powerful and user friendly!!!

4,0 i fjol

Fördelar:

The interface of the software is very intuitive and fast to use. All the needed tools for simulation are at a click available. The possibility to interact with VBA and Python makes it a good candidate to develop a digital twin. Simplicity of use also in complex environments and great customer support Team.

Nackdelar:

Some more advanced features needs to be developed more in depth.

Emma
Analyst i Storbritannien
Bank, 10 000+ anställda

Fast and Flexible

Fördelar:

It's very easy to get started and build your first simulation model. The range of features and customization options make it a great way to model both simple and complex processes. The interface and different graphical elements lets me show stakeholders the most important information from the model in a concise and attractive way. I also have the option to use the software as a desktop application or in the browser which is extremely flexible. The Support team are also absolutely fantastic and really help answer any questions that I may have - they are such a great asset!

Nackdelar:

There's nothing that springs to mind that could be improved, the software is regularly updated and new features are always being added which is great!

Warren
Principal Engineer i USA
Datormjukvara, 10 000+ anställda
Recensentens källa

Best Simulation product in the market!

5,0 i fjol

Kommentarer: I have had many years using Simul8 in Industry, consulting, and it University Classroom. This tool fits in too many ways to point them out in a brief review

Fördelar:

Ease of use and provides so much professionalism in presentation

Nackdelar:

The robust features of Simul8 cover 100% of my needs.

i fjol

Hi Warren, We are so pleased that you are getting so much value from Simul8! Thank you for taking the time to leave such a great review. We look forward to you continuing your Simul8 journey with us, and if there is anything you may need, the team will be happy to help!

Anteneh
Manufacturing system analyst i Italien
Datormjukvara, 51‒200 anställda
Recensentens källa

Simulation building tool to rapidly analyze and optimize manufacturing systems performances

4,0 för 4 år sedan

Kommentarer: Manufacturing systems modelling, analysis and optimization.

Fördelar:

SIMUL8 model building blocks are simple to use but are packed with a lot of customizable attributes to model machines and other resources that are common in manufacturing systems. The SIMUL8 programming language (Visual Logic) gives additional customization capability and control of the simulation details. Moreover, Visual Logic programming environment offers simple interfaces and procedures to build the code. Sharing simulation online is an excellent feature to review simulation models with collaborating teams.

Nackdelar:

So far the support of the software to build 3D simulation models is limited. It can be a requirement for some users who are interested to visualize a realistic representation of the real systems.

Andy
Chair, Mechanical Engineering i Kanada
Utbildningsförvaltning, 501‒1 000 anställda

SImul8 - a great simulation and educational tool

5,0 i fjol

Kommentarer: My experience with Simul8 is very positive. I have been using it for several years now. It is easy and intuitive to use and you can be up and running wiht it very quickly.I would recommend it to anyone looking at operations research or trying to imporove their process flow.

Fördelar:

The software is easy to use that anyone can get started very quickly. A user can build a model quickly, run it, and see the results. From there users can quickly expand on what they have learned and adapt it to their speific requirements/needs.

Nackdelar:

Some of the advanced features are a more challenging and a little abstract.

Alastair
College Lecturer - Manufacturing Engineering i Storbritannien
Utbildningsförvaltning, 501‒1 000 anställda

HND Manufacturing Engineering class

5,0 i fjol

Kommentarer: Extremely satisfying, I believe more organisations should be using Simul8. Students taught loved it, enjoyed the classes and spoke of trying to introduce current and future employers to Simul8

Fördelar:

Extremely user friendly. Students spent time using it and barely needed to refer to my guidance and notes. They picked it up in their own way very quickly and competently.

Nackdelar:

Students did not use the graphics options much which could've enhanced the aesthetics of their models. This does not necessarily mean they graphics options need improved but perhaps they were not attracted to use them as they didn't look appealing (they're used to photo type gaming graphics)

Gosse
Process Technologist i Nederländerna
Mat och dryck, 2‒10 anställda

Synamic - Simul8

5,0 för 2 år sedan

Kommentarer: We're using simul8 as an addition to our consultancy activity so the application differs from customer to customer. But so far we used it as;
- a planning tool for an existing factory.
- bottle neck analysis.
- reviewing factory expension concepts.

Fördelar:

It's easy to learn the basics and as soon as you get the hang of it, it's very easy to increase the level of difficulty in your models. Web engine makes it very easy to show at customers. The share functionallity gives our customers the ability to work with the model themselves.

Nackdelar:

It would be a great feature if desktop and web-version acces files from the same cloud based folder.

Vicky
Teaching Associate i Storbritannien
E-lärande, 501‒1 000 anställda
Recensentens källa

Excellent for teaching my manufacturing management class

5,0 för 3 år sedan

Kommentarer: Excellent. The representatives we have dealt with from Simul8 have been fantastic assets. They have been so so helpful supporting both staff and students in our use of the software.

Fördelar:

Simul8 has been easy to learn for my students, and the support on offer from their customer service team through supporting delivery of a lecture and the Simul8 academy has been very helpful to them all. We have been able to design an assignment focussed around the software, which students have thoroughly enjoyed and felt it gave them real life practical skills using simulation software.

Nackdelar:

In all honesty, there is nothing I can think of. It is easy to learn, a user friendly interface, provides us with the reports and outcomes we need for our class!

Rajkumar
Technicla Researcher i Indien
Informationsteknologi och tjänster, 1 001‒5 000 anställda

SIMUL7 Review

4,0 för 12 månader sedan

Kommentarer: My overall experience with this software is excellent. it helps me to improve my skills and knowledge of the work.

Fördelar:

The learning curve is low. All of the modeling choices are standard and simple to explain to executives. Once you've got your simulation running well, you can go really fancy with it thanks to the scripting language.

Nackdelar:

The lagging of time and simulation is the least point about the software.

Kristoffer
Project engineer i Storbritannien
Olja och energi, 10 000+ anställda
Recensentens källa

Simple and powerful simulation tool

4,0 för 7 år sedan

Kommentarer: So far we have had a great experience with Simul8. In my opinion, this is definitely the best value for the money on the market.

Fördelar:

I like that it is very user friendly and simple, but with the depth to really go above and beyond with experience.

Nackdelar:

At times it feels a bit more clumsy and slow than other software.